2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    We have strikers. Suresh and amarjit offer nothing when it comes to attack.
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    UAE 3 -1 against Saudi
    With this performance it is clear that the decision to host U-17 WC is bit too early.

We have improved but nowhere near the required standards. 
    deepakcAshlesh
  • Nope i think it's good we will be host. Apart from the disappointment we will bwe having quite a few good players developed which is good. And really even if we were behind still improvement shows and this teams gonna improve still just like the teams who will qualify.
    One thing though what's next after world cup for these plyers. Most asian teams loose the plot after this age group
    deepak dedha
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited September 2016
    I am impressed with the fighting spirit of these boys. Silly mistakes do happen.

When was the last time we saw Indian players dribbling past Iranians with ease,not once or twice but innumerable times?

They have the best technique amongst any Indian team ever. 

We really need one central midfielder desperately who can control the tempo of the game. Also fitness wise they have to improve. 

Nicolai needs to step up his tactics too.

About decision making and silly mistake part, these are just kids they will learn over the years.

These boys should be kept together even after U17 WC next year. I don't trust the current club system (I-league or ISL) to help them really reach their true potential.

deepak dedhasouravindiaRonny
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29700 Points
    A case of harassment needs to be filed against the Iran number 17 player :D :D
    Ashlesharchak
    edited September 2016
    Let me go home and answer why its too early to host this WC.

Most terrifying part would be our team facing techincially sound South Americans, physically strong Africans and tactically powerful Europeans. 
    silicon3
  • Yes, we have improved compared to the last batches of players we produced. Batch of players that played Bayern 4 years ago was below average. Technically not the best, tactically even worse. Bayern were moving the ball so smoothly around the field with Indian players falling all across the ground. Completely overshadowed and humiliated. Need I say about possession? Very low. They did us a favor by not scoring more goals as it was Baichung's farewell. Current crop of national team players is much better. Calm and composed. At least they can move the ball on the ground. Fuck the long ball strategy, one needs pace and physique for that. Ain't got that.
    This U16 team is the best for sure. But, what is the future plan? Will we produce more U16 players? Or was it just for the U17 world cup. Already we have seen AIFF struggling to send the kids abroad for exposure tours. How will they pay for future batches? Will future batches be even produced? Elite academies closed down, pailan arrows closed down. Who will give the youth a fucking chance?
    Everyone wants pre-cooked food. No one wants to cook their own shit.
    Ashlesh
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    REFEREE ko IRAN Pasand hai...! *tututututu*
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2826 Points
    Believe me we are ready. This world cup will serve many purpose
    1. This will bring india on football map
    2. create interest among youth
    3. creating much needed infrastructure
    i could go on but i dont like typing much

Believe me if we arent ready now then we are never gonna be  ready for this.
    gaffertape