2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The Afghans? They are worse than us, same with the Philippines and Myanmar. Vietnam are doing things right but the others, esspecially at youth level, have longer way to go than India.
    deepakcRonny
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

Afghanistan has a better or equal NT to us. But have to agree that the progress they have made in last several years is much better than India's.  

deepakc
  • Agreed. Only area where we can vent our frustrations. Frankly this frustration is running for so long, that sometimes I tend to think to ** with Indian football. Have been following it since the time when it was being aired in All India Radio(having heard for first time in around 1987), and have always seen downs from then on, really revolts inside sometimes.

But this hope and optimism is what keeps me and many like me to keep on supporting Indian football..

Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Afghanistan only do well right now with the national team cause of their foreign based players, guys who just so happened to be born in Europe or in Kabul and moved to Europe early. We don't have that luxury in India. If you watch the Afghan Premier League, the quality is not even I-League standard (full matches on youtube, interesting league the APL). 
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

Of course Afghan league is shit. But end of the day NT performance matters, nobody really remembers if a Qatari club won ACL, but actually how they are performing as NT.

• DXDX 4074 Points
    The start is always a simple spark. We have a bunch of young players who are taken care of well. Together along with the u-19 squad represent the first pool of indian players for the future NT.

So you now have two batches of players directly under AIFF  The next challenge will be to habilitate them into domestic structure or even better if they can get overseas contracts.

If done properly you will have a dearth of choices for the future NT. Add to it if serious at a u-17 level the next set of scouting starts at u-14 level will then create further batches.

To do all this u have to have a deeper motivation and purpose. The u-17 WC and if possible u-20wc is just that.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    We werent far away from qualifying to the knockouts as well. We should have won against UAE and Saudi if we have more composure.

Our aim is to close out games against teams and close the gap in quality against the likes of Iran.
    deepakc
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    Can you guarantee wins against either Af, Myanmar or Philippines these days? Hell, even Tajiks and Turkmen were our whipping boys during as late as Bob Houghton's time. Look at them now.

I am not benchmarking our team against any of these teams, that is not the intention. Question is of our lack of pace in development and the willingness of the controllers of the game in our country. And progress is relative. We move an inch, our neighbours (competitors) move a foot. They win. Simple.
    AshleshdeepakcCarbon_14archakSoham_De
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points

"This is my first contract in Asia. We play matches in Germany with this team against youth Bundesliga sides, against teams from where the German national coach of that age group scouts from and we have no problems in the ‘one-versus-one’ situations with them or stamina problems with them. Is Germany a good football nation? I think yes. Have they ever won the U-17 World Cup? No. Come to your own conclusions

"Number 17 for Iran (M.Ghaderi) for sure yes, he is a good player. But Ninthoingamba is one of our quickest players and he has no problem in Germany to track their wingers’ runs – the same wingers who play for the German U-17 national team. There you go," Adam expressed.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2016/09/22/27767692/afc-u-16-championships-nicolai-adam-we-learn-and-move-on-to#pq=kaQfWB

Nicolai indirectly alleging Iran of overage players. :p . Lets hope they will perform much better in BRICS cup.   

Deb_Bandeepakc
  • @ashindia ; It is not that we or AIFF were desperate to organise U-17 World Cup. It was a part of FIFA and especially Sepp Blatter strategy to involve as many countries as possible in organising tournaments. In one way, it helps the not so strong countries to spruce up their infrastructure at better levels. Then it is upto us to whether utilise this opportunity or not. This tournament is not organised normally in strong European or South American countries. Mostly it is given to developing nations. Sepp Blatter personally came to India, talked with manmohan Singh and then after getting a nod, announced India as the venue. It was rather FIFA wanting India to host instead of other way around. They have involved even countries like Nepal, Myanmar in organising AFC level competitions.
    DXnikhilDeb_Bansouravindiakartik91