2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• People are too critical here. Yes they failed in this tournament but they played well and has improved no matter what you say.. Yes lot needs to be done and what did you really expect? defeating all powerhouses of Asia and World!!

For that too happen lot of youth development is required which in general from time immemorial is lacking and will lack.

That takes away nothing from this batch of boys, they are trying and achieving from what they have got and will receive in future.

We are and always have been too critical of results at this age group (U-16) always and that's the reason in our domestic calenders, coaches play overage players. Anyway, I would like to see how this team develops further and to what extend they are able to go. Doesn't matter to me even if they are there to take India even to the next leap from its current position. Doesn't have to be world beaters

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    we are ready with 20 year olds playing for under 16...... this batch will most probably go the same way like previous batches. ...........
    deepak dedhakarenesudhakar2050debarghya89sanvedjadhavNagendragaffertape
    our grassroots must be big we must have a pool of 1000 players to choose for under 14,16,19 teams rather then few hundreds from age cheating academies like PFC,TFA
    ashindiadeepuArsenalFan700
  • Yes agreed with you and in this forum I have mentioned a lot of times. Thing is we have always lacked player development which itself should be coming from clubs and which we have always lacked. A federation can do only so much as AIFF is trying and it is commendable. I guess even players from 2012 , some of them has developed quite well.

But that's a drop from an ocean which never exists in Indian football.

But criticizing this team alone doesn't make that good.  And yes AIFF is to be blamed for a non-structure which never existed nor we can foresee in future.

Even if it is for brand advertising, it still does good from Indian football. Players get a taste of something good which they would probably never have .

There is always 2 ways of doing things- one is from top of pyramid and other is from bottom of pyramid. Some cases work either way and lets only hope that the unstable Indian pyramid becomes stable in future

Article from 2014 September "Three chances went abegging with striker Aniket Jadhav missing out on a one-on-one opportunity" http://punefc.com/pune-fc-under-17s-register-historic-win/ hope we don't call others uncles
    munna219777gaffertapedeepakc
  • ;) :p And there is 1 thing in Indian football which you always have to do- Always remain optimistic after any qualifiers

you know why

munna219777
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan you mean the BONE MARROW TEST was wrong?
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    We as a team are improving on the technical side. So its not right to judge our team when they play a physically superior side. I believe this is the first time in  we are playing teams like Iran who have stronger players.What worries me is not the result, but how we play. We mostly attack through wings, and dont care to play through the middle of the pitch.

Our team is so predictable  in this regard. Even if we perform not well in the world cup, I would be satisfied if many of our players could secure a contract abroad. Some players in the current team have that potential.
    munna219777silicon3
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    edited September 2016
    if india football want to improve  first  following  steps need to be implemented
    1. proper youth league  for  atleast 6 months should be implemented
    2. atleast 30 to  35 youth teams should be   present from u-15 , u-19 to u-23
    3.proper scoutting for youth players should be  implemented  
    4. clubs should have age group teams for atleast a year instead of selecting random players from start of tournament with reseditenal academy
    5. a proper diet should be implemented in all age group  residental academy

many are saying indian players are  not age cheaters. but even aiff officals & nicoali adams know there are many age cheaters in the team 

munna219777ashindiaAshleshNagendrasouravindiadeepakc
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Decent crowd in today considering it was raining and was a weekday. Official figure was 5872 but I think there were about 8-9K. 

munna219777Carbon_14Nagendrakartik91souravindiaMikideepakcsilicon3