2016 AFC U16 Championship INDIA

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    We still looked better there then we did in this tournament IMO. Loved our performance against the US for example.
  • Aimol would have started at RB ahead of Rakip and Sarkar could have played as the striker ahead of Chetri if they were available. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Still of work to be done. Very small pool of players and there is no system in place at club level. Even if we want to scout for players what will be the source ?? Subroto Cup ?
    ArsenalFan700munna219777Deb_Bangaffertape
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    ;ashindia

I'm feeling jealous after seeing so many likes for your comment.. So, atleast one WTF is required :)

Referring to
    http://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/discussion/1887/2016-afc-u16-championship-india/p58
    ashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    edited September 2016
    Overview of Group Stage:

Group A:
    I'm aware that Iran & UAE are strong in our group. But as a Indian football fan, I'm very optimist that we will do good and will finish at-least in second spot as we have home advantage and will play without pressure. To be frank, haven't watched any of the games... So, I cannot comment much on our performances just by seeing highlights... But by the scorelines, we have done good against Saudi & UAE... Even with Iran, with 10 vs 11 will be difficult to play at any level... On top of that, 2 goals are penalties...
    Iran & UAE qualified for knock stage
    India : We scored 5 goals which says we are good in attacking even though we missed easy chances. But after conceding 9 goals, we can say we are not up-to the mark in defense.. If we didn't improve in defending, we cannot even expect 1 point in U 17 world cup.
    Saudi Arabia : People were expecting high from Saudi. Even few IFN guys said Saudi will win by 3-4 goals margin against... I never rated Saudi highest in U 16 level...

Group B:
    Japan literally rapped all other 3 teams including Australia.... As I said earlier, it's difficult to predict Vietnam. Even Kyrgyzstan won a against Australia... Seems to be Australia team is not prepared well...
    Japan & Vietnam qualified for knock stage

Group C:
    As I said earlier, it will be difficult to predict Iraq at any level... Oman is a surprise package for me in this group. I'm very happy that S.Korea knocked out.. Malaysia earned a point against Iraq
    Oman Iraq qualified for knock stage

Group D :
    North Korea & Uzbekistan are advanced to knock out stage with a game in hand. These two teams are rightly deserved to be in knock-stage and powerhouses in junior level.. Yemen & Thailand will play for 3rd spot in Group D

By seeing score-lines and no. of goals conceded, seems to be only North Korea can stop Japan. My vote will be on Japan or North Korea to lift AFC U-16 2016 trophy. Even teams like Uzbekistan (may concede few more in final group match) , Iraq, Iran & UAE have conceded 3 or more goals in group stage..
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    An U-14 league would be good . We already have U-16 and U-18. So that there will be a continuity.Would like U20/U21 league along with it ,but Dont think it will happen. Read it in an article few months ago about AIFFs plan to conduct an U13 league. Doesnt look like they r serious about it.
    Soham_De
  • munna219777munna219777 28513 Points
    edited September 2016
    Pan-India league at U-14 is very difficult. Where will funds come at this level for travel, boarding/lodging plus coaches? Age-cheating is also an issue. It will be better if respective state associations organise leagues. Within state, it is much easier for such teams to play regularly with each other. A big pool of players can be created if many state associations make league at this level for schools.
    Deb_BanArsenalFan700souravindia
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    After watching all the teams in group matches ,  i feel if any team who can give good fight to Japan that will be N Korea and Iran.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Looking at Japan and where their players come from, the ISL teams really need to take the initiative soon and create PROPER academies. No more of these grassroots 2 day things or quickly made youth teams.

By sometime around 2018 we need the ISL teams to at least have U18, U16, and U14 sides or start at the other end of the spectrum and create U14, U13, and U12 sides first before the U18 and U16. There should be no excuses like facilities or coaches or anything. We have everything needed for basic academies.

Same thing will need to happen for other teams in India beyond ISL but that is for another discussion.
    munna219777