ISL Week 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Fuck. Referees job is the most difficult. In fact, tough jobs are paid less in our world as compared to easy jobs relatively. 
    ATK is playing in a stadium with 12k spectators allowed. Out of that, 11k fill up the stands. You must realize that a lot of free passes are given. And its not necessary that all people will come.
    I don't know what reference are you giving out for decrease in attendance. Pune remains almost same. NorthEast is up from last season. Kerala is down. But, only 55k spectators are allowed this season as opposed to 62k last season. Out of that, they are managing 52-54k. Good attendance. Kolkata as I said above. Delhi, we'll have to wait and see, but it will remain almost the same. Goa is also same.

Chennai is down. But, why is that? Any chennai guy can explain.
    Mumbai is disappointing. I thought they will manage around 10-12k. But, no. Even though stadium is closer to city, occupancy percentage is low. 
    Chennai I think will improve with time. 

Conclusion: Mumbai is the only one who has been doing bad in attendances. 
    gaffertapered_devil
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Mumbai City capacity is 6000-7000
    edited October 2016
    Bc gaffertape is still fooling around. Bhai, start commenting and tell us some nice inside stuff.
    karenesudhakar2050
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    gaffartape is in disguise on IFN these days ........ if you know what i mean :wink: 
    Domnickarenesudhakar2050Ronnysanvedjadhav
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Obvious factors for Chennai attendances going down could be the below -

1.) Loss of popular players like elano, mendoza.  Lets face it, Some people came to see these players play.

2.) Cup already won, Motivation is down. Although i expect the crowd to be bigger for the CFC vs Kerala & CFC vs Northeast match as we are playing only on 29th oct in home next.

3.) Last i heard was marketing was done poorly this season. Last season they had a small but effective marketing done through events, Ozone ads as well as Dhanush advertising not only through English channels but Tamizh too. This year i understand there is no reinvent. Ticket prices are the same after last years bump up.

Crowds will come if you have time between matches Its no big deal. Thats why we need a longer league.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I also think its laughable that we are discussing in detail and bigging up on the marginal loss of crowds in this season. This despite the fact the league is 3 months only and matches played everyday. You dont even have to go to the stadium as you get the same match live in HD but still crowd is managed to stay the same.

I-league despite being played longer and weekend only and also despite cutting off teams which historically didnt bring crowds still manages only marginal growth year on year. That shows how poorly marketed that product is.

Just give ISL the top tier option and a longer league then you can see bumper crowds if marketed well. Plus weekend only matches can hope to be atleast 30-50% of TRP compared to EPL which is not a small thing.
    red_devilamirsid123Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The EPL is why a Friday game is a must
    gaffertape
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    Yeah, beats me too that even the marketing masterstroke of I-league matches a 3:00 in the afternoon in weekdays couldn't bring the crowd. And add to that the brilliant marketing support of not televising the matches.

Some people here are evidently sleeping with their eyes wide shut or just trying desperately to distort the facts.
    ArsenalFan700Domnicsouravindiagaffertapemunna219777kuldeep007Carbon_14deepakc