ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• samsam 16526 Points
    Because the crowd was loud. Now ISL haters may jump in to relate it to the fact how I-League club represents the passion of a city and has the connect with people.
    amirsid123munna219777red_devilatuljg
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    And u doubt that @Sam ? Anyone who pays for a ticket for a non advertised 4pm match in April-May will have to be be slightly passionate about his club. They are certainly not going to watch Ranbir/Dhanush/Virat wave in their direction
    goalkeepargaffertapedeepak dedhaDomnicDXmunna219777Deb_Banarchakkuldeep007Maddie
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @deepakc u really think people  would pay 200 to watch Danush ??

The stadium  is so big that u can't really  spot a celebrity who is sitting  in a stand faar  away from yours

Last time he came we could spot him only  on Big screen

They can pay 10,30,50,70,120 rsand watch him in theatres
    Movie ticket  are cheaper here
    Probably only place in India were u can watch  a movie for 10rs in a multiplex 
    Or they can watch him for free on torrent 

A fan Club called B stand blues spent a huge money to make 5-6 banners here 
    Why would  some one spend 10-20k on banners when he just  comes to watch a celebrity 

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    ALSo during season 1 Nd 2 
    Chennayin used to give away bulk of free tickets

When i was in school during season 1 our PT master used to get 50 tickets  :p

Chennayin also used to bring underprivileged children from government schools to fill up stands then

Even during ISL2 opener last year there were many free passes given 

This season they stopped giving free tickets or reduced atleast 80-90% of what they used to give before

Only block A level1 which is right behind dugouts has a free entry for VIPs

Tickets in that stand aren't up for sale

Reduction in attendence here compared to 1st 2 season is due to this

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    "FC Goa which is hosting home matches for ISL has to pay Rs 1.67 crore as a fee for usage of Fatorda stadium. We have already communicated to them that the next match would not be allowed, if they don't pay the dues," SAG Executive Director V M Prabhudesai told PTI on Wednesday.
    deepakcmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I've watched the Chennaiyin-Mumbai City game again and man, I think the partnership of Peluso and Jeje could work. Jerry is still great and exciting of a prospect and Chennaiyin did this for the most part with 6 Indians on the field at once.
    red_devil
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Do you really think people of Kolkata are paying 400, 800 and 2500 just to watch film stars and Love of the game is absent. Then I have nothing more to say. 
    coolgaganred_devil
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    That is the situation in kolkata -- an evening to be spent in either a multiplex or in RS stadium. Not to mention the dinner in a restaurant, irrespective of performance of my team.
    deepakcDomnic
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Ridiculous to think anyone will come week in week out just to watch stars or have "dinner"..Clutching at straws for ideas?

Loyalty or support for the clubs is not a monopoly for a few clubs in this country you know.
    gaffertapesanvedjadhav