ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29720 Points
    Old news--almost everyone's name is associated with EB nowadays--Marcelinho, Pelissari, Gadze, Belfort...hope they don't end up signing some crappy Australian/English player...Morgan has said that he is prepared to go to to any extremes to get the I-League this time; who knows what the sub-text is--I am prepared to take any amount of cut money to keep my job :)...as an EB fan, I would of course be delighted if they manage to sign any of these players 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29720 Points
    Delhi Dynamos vs FC Goa highlights and goals

deepak dedhaNagendrakartik91atuljgmunna219777
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Mendy was paid 90 lakhs I think, by EB
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Jermaine Pennant is free. Can anyone sign him? $24000/pm is what he was paid at Tampines
    BrainFallINDIAkarenesudhakar2050deepakcmunna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7120 Points
    There's a reason why he's free rn.
    munna219777Soccerlover
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Anyone who has been a regular in ISL should NOT be targetted by ileague IMO. My personal opinion about the circus aside...the scheduling is crazy. That player is very likely to breakdown in ileague....MB will find it more tough this year to hold on to 2nd place simply bcoz unlike last year both katsumi & Sony would have played full circus schedule (that BFC will win this ileague is almost a given)
    red_devilArsenalFan700atuljgmunna219777Deb_BanBrainFallINDIAkartik91amirsid123gaffertapearchakand 2 others.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You act as if there has never been an ISL player come to I-League or vice-versa in the last two seasons. 
    atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Pennant is rubbish. 6 goals in 15 starts in the S. League is decent but on his salary? His name is not marketable enough either and his attitude is always a problem. There are better options than him.
    munna219777deepak dedha
  • Sony/Katsumi or not, BFC has an extremely balanced side this year - atleast what one could make out from their last AFC outing, which they won 3-1 at home. After a long lon time, watched an Indian club team playing such free flowing soccer - no long/overhead ball; brilliant set-pieces.

The only challenge I see for the BFC team (assuming they win the title or even if they come second best), is whether they can keep themselves motivated to play a lackluster tournament like the I-League. 
    munna219777deepakcdeepak dedhagaffertapekuldeep007
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Asia is always there to keep them motivated....the biggest advantage they have is that their players have missed half the circus...so the 4-5 matches they do play in circus will only develop match sharpness but not kill the players. Ideal.
    munna219777Deb_BanArsenalFan700atuljgamirsid123Domnicgaffertapearchakkuldeep007