ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    Dont know why every time i saw that Lets Football board, Nita Ambani voice buzz in my head. Am I sick ??
    munna219777amirsid123NagendraCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @usaindia ; We cannot follow USA model as it is not about leagues only. We have international events full of tournaments. Cricket is a big daddy which is played whole year. Test Match, One Day match can be held any day of the week. Hockey tournaments are there. We do not organise College level sports. We show domestic as well as international leagues plus tournaments. Throw Olympics, asian games, commonwealth games in the midst also.
    Our Spprts coverage is not limited to Leagues of Franchises which can be divided into months. USA model only applicable to USA, nowhere else.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    How often does the India hockey team play? How often is the Kabbadi World Cup on? The PKL and HIL are one-month short leagues. IPL is not on STAR Sports (currently). They do have international leagues STAR Sports but they can manage it if they actually bother to use their "many channels" properly instead of having the same thing on each channel.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They have to cater to Hindi Commentary, English Commentary also. two channels are gone like that.
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    So Goa wins their first game. Julio Cesar looks like a solid buy.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Actually was my first experience watching ISL match in Mumbai Football Arena "ON TV" 

Quite liked it even with attendance around 7-8k it looks housefull and i believe the view would be much better from the stands

And stadium looked like the one for small Championship teams
    Or something similar to SD Eibar in LaLiga 

More such football Stadiums must be constructed across India

Specially in places like Pune even a 6-7k crowd would look like a packed house in a small stadium
    red_devilmunna219777amirsid123karenesudhakar2050Carbon_14
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    The reason for low attendence in Chennai is probably poor marketing by Chennayin FC this season
    Compared to the last 2 season

Also matches on weekdays
    Traveling in traffic etc are some reasons( i these  know they are stupid but thats why i didn't attend the first 2 game's)

I also agree that ISL these days is so boring and couldn't get along with it

+ these clubs hardly care about fan culture 
    Excluding Goa and Kerela a lot of work must be done on fan clubs etc 

There is always lack of unity among crowd in ISL each section of crowd keep shouting different stuff 
    And when no good action is happening all sleep

munna219777ArsenalFan700
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    it seems from comments everybody is gravitating to the  point weekday matches are difficult
    munna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Good point by Arsenal. Even the EPL has some drab affairs every week. But, the focus is instead on exciting games as a neutral spectator. Because of some stupid games like today's Mumbai vs Goa encounter, we must not get bogged down by the negativity. Instead, look forward to a good season of Indian football which includes ISL, I League and AFC Cup finals. Then comes the U17 WC and then the hopeful merger. Lets hope for the best.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't think it is weekday matches that are really difficult, just having matches every day and at different times... it is hard to follow almost.
    munna219777jitug1979