2016-2017 I-league- Round-13 Penultimate round before the break

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    I know he doesnt , but due to chants and all, I thought he was there.
  • @dev_pfc no I didn't .. 
    DSK did some campaigning to gather support i.e. from all fan groups like arsenal pune, chelsea pune, Orange army... they invited these all.. so not sure the people who did chanting  were actually DSK supporters(IF yes then its good, there is some start )

@Carbon_14 yes that's true 

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2017/03/12/33549262/i-league-2017-santosh-kashyap-questions-mumbai-fc-fans?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_0_3
    The Mumbai FC coach refused to shoulder the responsibility of the side's hapless performances, and made it clear that he wasn't close to the chop...

Santosh Kashyap finally broke his silence and was vocal about the issue of Mumbai FC fans abusing him, and in the process did the uncalled thing by questioning the fans' upbringing.

He rubbished claims that he was close to getting the axe and instead blamed the media of being on a campaign against his team, which put up a toothless performance against DSK Shiavajians on Saturday, losing 5-0.

"There’s no problem (as of now), I believe. The management understands that I am putting my best and preparing (well) every match. The media is against me, the fans are against me but there is great support from the management. They understand the situation," claimed the head coach of the side rooted to the bottom of the I-League table.

Going on to speak about the fans who have made their displeasure with his management and their side's results clear, he said he expected better from them.

"They started chanting positively but ended up negatively. This is my perception. They were cheering up, not me, but the players. Later on, it was the same old story.

"I know they are hurt. What I want to say to the fans is that I expect better from them. In the last match against Minerva Punjab, for full 90 minutes they were abusing me. I am also an employee here, and I am trying my best. The coach only isn’t responsible for the situation. The players, the staff, the management- everyone is equally responsible," said Kashyap, in an attempt to deflect blame.

Mumbai FC Santosh Kashyap

Fan protests against the gaffer is nothing new in football, and even now the once-successful manager of Arsenal, Arsene Wenger, is under fire by his club's faithful. However, there is a way to respond to such protests, but Kashyap was graceless in the way he attributed the protests to the fans' 'education' and 'upbringing.'

"I don’t expect them to protest this way. You must have a way to protest. They are abusing through the internet and also at the stadium. If they are uneducated and doing so, I can understand.

"But they are from good families so that’s disrespectful. I believe their upbringing is a problem. They should understand that you must respect everyone in this field. I am also trying my best," he concluded, sure to further incur the fans' wrath with these statements.

Tasteless, to say the least, from Santosh Kashyap!

goalkeeparCarbon_14mohammed_87hassan[Deleted User]BrainFallINDIAmunna219777gaffertape
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Santosh Kashyap has past experience of abusive fans at Calcutta Maidan when he was MB coach. :)
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @munna219777 He was known as the "Enjoy Coach"...I attended a few practice sessions before the team went to play the Federation Cup & found him joking & laughing with the players for 75% of the session....hardly any situation practice, set piece planning, defending....perhaps everything was being imparted through comedy, no wonder Mohun Bagan went out in the group stage & Sir Santosh Kachchap was immediately shown the door....but I exactly never saw him abused. He made us all puzzled & nobody had the opportunity to abuse  :p
    munna219777Soccerlover
    Then he is the polar opposite of Khalid Jamil...though the players of Aizawl have recently said that in spite of being a strict disciplinarian, he gets along very well with the lads...Khalid himself has stated that he has mellowed down since his Mumbai FC days
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    But he will never join EB. as long as they are selling alcohol.
    Soccerloverkarenesudhakar2050Deb_Bansanvedjadhav
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited March 2017
    A coach has to be the friend-philosopher-guide type to gel with the players along with being disciplinarian & practical. Khalid Jamil seems to have it in him...Karim was to an extent good till he started poking his nose in to all Club affairs & encouraged players' politics. Sanjay Sen has great management skill, he also never criticizes any particular player for any mistake in public even though that could be a big mistake. The problem with him is he is too obstinate & not flexible. But with time he may change. 
    SoccerloverDeb_Ban
    EB does not sell alcohol...it is associated with an alcohol company...the club sells joy, unvarnished joy to millions of football lovers all over India...neither are we salivating for Khalid Jamil
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    He dont want alcohol logo on his Jersey or what?
    goalkeepar