AFC U-16 Championship 2018

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    Brilliant display by India. We are not going to Peru, but the separation was just an unlucky rebound goal. Future is bright. 
    deepak dedhafootydipkartik91
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    We were much more creative in the group stages. I mean, they should've atleast spot the runs, finishing baad mein dekha jata! 

Still, it was a performance to be remembered for years 
    footydip
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Brilliant work by team and coaching staff. But management let them down because AIFF messed up with the registration of the key player. 
    karenesudhakar2050Ronnyfootydipsparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."- Winston Churchill
    U-16 @IndianFootball team and coach @23ibiano you are already heroes and the country is proud of you. Take a bow!

Well said!
    deepak dedhafootydipdeepuashindiaCarbon_14spartakartik91
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    edited October 2018
    The way South Korea cherished their victory in the end goes to show that it was by far the most tough game for them.  I am glad that we made them feel like it.
    footydipsparta

Korea Republic 1-0 India (AFC U16 Malaysia 2018 : Quarter-finals)

Carbon_14
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited October 2018
    Really unfortunate had it not been for Korea maybe we would have been playing WC again. But again we did have chances to top the group and change the things but anyways amazing effort from the players, coach, staff and everyone involved. This is by far the best ever performance by an Indian team at any level. The defenders were exceptional and can be considered benchmark at Asian level.

What next now ? I hope we make changes in our domestic system. How many more years will just AIFF do the job of grooming players ?? There should be a good platform for more hidden talents and the existing batch shouldn't warm benches of ISL or be playing in I-League 2nd Division tournament. 

We need a bigger pool, better platform we shall definitely transition this success to senior level.
    thebeautifulgameRonnysouravindiagoalkeeparfootydipCarbon_14spartakartik91trojan
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    am disappointed but not upset with the team. I feel we got the hardest possible opponents all along and yet we did beyond expectations. The only goal we conceded is the one that kept us out of the WC eventually. Though I wish we had played more attacking game but the absence of few key players like Bikash and Danu did definitely hurt us. Still very proud of this team and I hope AIFF still keeps sending them to good tours abroad and not just try to make money out of them in the Arrows model
    ashindiasouravindiagoalkeeparspartakartik91
    The defenders were excellent but to me Niraj Kumar, the goalkeeper, was the standout player of the tournament...He was exceptional in the final
    ashindiadeepak dedhagoalkeeparCarbon_14sparta
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited October 2018
    Like spiderman S Paul?

Taking nothing away from him, actually for weak teams GK always looks outstanding like a super human. 
    deepak dedhakarenesudhakar2050goalkeeparThe real AGkartik91munna219777