AFC U-16 Championship 2018

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    If you want to make strong youth teams then we need strong youth leagues of minimum 6 months not the current 2 month gimmicks. And also unbias scouting many good goan players were overlooked last time because of conflict between gfa n aiff. I am happy to see lots of players from different clubs in this team unlike previously where only aiff academy players were sent as india u16 etc.
    spartatrojandeepusouravindia
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    I read somewhere that AIFF is spending 10 crores for the youth leagues currently. If that is the case longer youth leagues will become even costlier and unaffordable . I would suggest longer state or district, city based youth leagues with 15 or 20 teams with good prize money. This would give chances for many players to play football. This will also give continuity to the baby leagues(till u12 which have been started by aiff, and some clubs  even in
    cities like hyderabad, bangalore, coimbatore). Aiff must not stop the foreign trips for this batch and the upcoming batches for few years. I hope SAI will be supportive in funding these trips. These trips will only help our NT as  in future when they play strong opponents they will be fearless to face them. 
    goalkeepardeepak dedhamohammed_87hassandeepukarenesudhakar2050
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    10 cr?.9 cr are going into someone's pocket  :D
    deepak dedhamunna219777deepu
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited October 2018
    The national teams are supported by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the Union ministry of sports. The ministry cannot support youth leagues,” says Das. “That has to be done by AIFF and we spend around ₹10 crore on the three youth leagues (U-13, U-15, and U-18).” Das adds that the ministry, SAI and AIFF are discussing the possibility of bringing the youth leagues under the ambit of the Khelo India programme, a government-funded scheme to develop grass-roots talent in schools across the country.

https://www.livemint.com/Leisure/yhmslH9HW8xoYc02WJRfsO/How-to-develop-a-winning-Indian-football-team.html

munna219777Carbon_14
  • they should make it public , how and where they spent 10cr
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Development of this squad to senior level is important.

Our 2012 AFC U-16 squad performed very well in that tournament. But 6 year onwards, how many of them are doing well in ISL or in reckoning for National team ??

Goalkeepers: Avinash Rao, Agiapal Singh, Supratim Bhattacharya
    Defenders: Myron Mendes, Maiban Jimmy Singh, Suman Shah, Sajid Dhot, Sarthak Golui, Rahul S, Nabin Rabha, Gurba Gagri
    Midfielders: Alen Deory, Harmanjot Singh, Nitin Jyal, Germanpreet Singh, K Lalramzuava, Lalrammuana, Raja Rawat, Geremsha Basumatary.
    Forwards: Kamalpreet Singh, Daniel Lalhimpuia, Laldantsanga, Uttam Rai

what happened to those players?  Most of them are not in reckoning now for National team. Lets hope present batch gets more support for U-19 and U-23 level.

Deb_BanspartaCarbon_14souravindia[Deleted User]kartik91
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think this batch is better prepared for future than other batches.Now comes the next step of providing education outside the field on things like how manage their careers better.
    deepukartik91
  • I think the major difference with this batch is the scouting process implemented. better scouting better players as simple as that. Even in this amateur setup we are bound to get extremely gifted individuals if scouting is rigorous and proper. and that has been started by AIFF but needs to drill deep down across club streams.
    Apart from that there is a lot of difference with the preparations this time.
    goalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @goalkeepar is right, we absolutely must have a 6 month long U15 and U19 leagues. All I-League, I-League 2 and Isl teams must participate.
    deepuashindiagoalkeeparkartik91
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    we can all disagree,but we need to give AIFF for atleast spending money on this team,sure there need to do better.