Aizawl vs Mohun Bagan

mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points

Match Details

Date – 22/4/2017

Day – Saturday

Venue – Rajiv Gandhi Stadium Aizawl

Time – 2 pm

Telecast – Ten 2

Preview - http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2017/04/21/aizawl-vs-mohun-bagan-match-preview-quest-for-glory/

Carbon_14[Deleted User]munna219777deepakc

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Since This match might decide the champions a separate thread has been created 

Also wrote a match Preview different from usual Aizawl's Leicester City stuff which u read
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14deepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    The preview is very good; just a couple of alterations:
    title decider for 2016-17 season/title decider of the 2016-17 season, they look to claim top above the more illustrious Kolkata clubs/they look to come on top of the more illustrious Kolkata club, The passion of their/The passion of these fans, we can expect this match would be no short of goals/we can expect that this match too would not be short of goals, Aizawl win the game 2-1/Aizawl won the game 2-1, the midfield is Norde and Katsumi Yusa lead their midfied/while the midfield will be led by Sony Norde and Katsumi Yusa, and his performance has been key to Aizawl’s success this season,creating chances and chipping in with few important goals, and his performance--creating chances and chipping in with a few important goals-- has been key to Aizawl’s success this season, relavation/revelation 
    A big thumbs up to you again for your contributions to the blog!
    mohammed_87hassanshibierashindiakartik91
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    What a beautiful ending of this I league.A 100 yrs old club vs A free flowing small budget club.
    AIFF should promote this kind of Academy based club like SLFC ,AIZAWL,DSK Sivajian over "LETS FOOTBALL"club
    Though a MB supporter,I wish AIZAWL win the game & title to encourage the whole indian football system.
    Money may be required for development but not above all of interest.
    Thanks  AIZAWL ,Khalid & whole team to give us beautiful football.
    Best of luck.
    munna219777spartathebeautifulgamedeepakcdeepuashindiaCarbon_14sanvedjadhavgaffertapeshakkeerKMand 1 other.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Happy Birthday Khalid Bhai.  Best Wishes for Victory tomorrow.
    dreamergoalkeepardeepakcspartaBrainFallINDIAkarenesudhakar2050Carbon_14sanvedjadhavshakkeerKM
    May the better team win tomorrow!..We have got to remember that the league will not be technically decided in case of a draw or a 1-0 win by Aizawl
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    Happy birthday Khalid sir
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Both teams have managed to accumulate 33 points from 16 matches but Bagan having beaten Aizawl 3-2 at home, has a slight advantage going into this tie with head-to-head results used as the primary tie-breaking criteria in the I-League. According to I-League's ranking system, if two or more teams are tied on points at the end of the league, the top position shall be determined by head-to-head results, followed by the goal difference in the head-to-head matches. If the teams still can not be separated then the overall goal difference shall come into play. 

So what happens if Aizawl wins the match?

If Aizawl can register a victory by 2 or more goals then Aizawl FC will set a new benchmark and lift the I-League trophy for the first time. However, if Aizawl FC wins by a 1 goal margin then the fate of the I-League will be decided in the last round. Aizawl would just need a draw against Lajong to be crowned as the champions. A loss, on the other hand against Lajong, can be nothing short of a disaster as Bagan can usurp them right in the end, provided they win their last match against Chennai City. 

What happens if Mohun Bagan wins the match?

Regardless of the scoreline, a win for Bagan will make them champions for the 2nd time in 3 years. 

What happens if the match is a draw?

A draw between Bagan and Aizawl would mean that it would be Bagan's title to lose, going into the last round. Bagan would then need a win against Chennai City at home regardless of Aizawl's result, to lift the coveted I-League trophy. On the flipside, Aizawl will have to depend on Bagan dropping points at home and they themselves will have to defeat Shillong Lajong to be champions.
    goalkeepardebarghya89munna219777Naujawan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    @thebeautifulgame thank 
    You few errors occurred because I copy pasted some stuff from my previous articles :p 

Eg - 
    the midfield is Norde and Katsumi Yusa lead their midfied

You are welcome, Hassan. An English teacher always has an obsession of correcting other's mistakes :p
    munna219777