Aizawl vs Mohun Bagan

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    Also, the referring was bit soft. Aizawl got away with some fouls which should've been yellow cards.

But overall, I agree with @AKB's reaction. MB was listless, erratic, unplanned. Kudos to Aizawl for their win.
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited April 2017
    Sanjay Sen's track record in I-League away matches:
    2014-15: Played 10, Won 2, Drew 5, Lost 3, Scored 13, Conceded 13, Points 11
    2015-16: 8-3-3-2-12-8-12
    2016-17: 9-2-5-2-5-5-11
    Overall: 27 - 7 - 13 - 7 - 30 - 26 - 34
    This year it is just shameful....only 5 goals in 9 games....2 of them thanks to individual brilliance of Sony (Chennai & Minerva).
    Hope we have seen the last of him as Mohun Bagan coach & next season hire one who can read the game & form strategy as well as has different plans
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Mohun Bagan deserved to loose after duffys missed chance they only had one weak shot on target
    Al Amna was all over their defense in the second half
    munna219777deepakc
    edited April 2017
    I attended each of Mohun Bagan's home matches.....for the last 3 seasons (Sanjay Sen regime)....I used to tell all my stadium mates that SS was good in teams like United Sports...who never play to be the Champions..
    In 2014-15...Bello Razzaq bailed SS out.
    In 2015-16....his over confidence & poor stewardship cost the title ....I think even Santosh Kashyap wouldn't have let that opportunity slip....considering the position Mohun Bagan were in.
    In 2016-17...his 'no strategy' theory cost the title...
    Even if Santosh Kashyap had these set of players....he would have won the title in 2015-16 & 2016-17 with atleast 2 matches to spare.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    All of Sanjoy Sen's big talk in the last few days ended in nothing....also I think a sense of complacency had crept into the MB players after the big Derby win....some individual brilliance by the likes of Sony and Jeje kept them in the hunt but today they were thoroughly outplayed
    Hats off to Aizawl FC...they have not only made their state but the whole country proud...after Bengaluru Fc's fairy-tale run during the last three years, AFC have scripted another success story in Indian football...they have proved that with the right amount of passion, focus on grassroots development and a proper choice of a motivational coach, one can conquer all obstacles....we at IFN salute them on their achievements and wish them best of luck
    samspartamunna219777ashindiadeepakc
    Picture abhi Baki hain doston...... :p
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Yes, sure !! MB will go probably trophyless this season again
    Oil your own machine mate.....
    Dempo, Churchill, Mahindra, Mohun Bagan, BFC & probably Aizawl all touched or going to touch I-League trophy....
    alas .....for some the slogan of "now or never" has now changed to "never forever".
    Deb_Bandebarghya89Maddiemohammed_87hassan
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    If Aizawl win the league,i think Mizoram government will come up to solve stadium issue and make it AFC approved stadium with proper stands and floodlights.I really want this to happen and very optimistic about it
    Carbon_14thebeautifulgamespartagoalkeeparshibierdebarghya89munna219777deepakc