I-League 2017-18

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Gokulam Kerala to go to Dubai for exposer trip before Super cup. They will play few friendlys there. They have also signed a Macedonian player for super cup. 
    Carbon_14indian_goonerSOCCER4klmunna219777ashindiadeepakckartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Congratulations Minerva Punjab FC...great advert for football in Punjab and India...twenty one years after JCT lifted the maiden national league, another team from Punjab has tasted success...kudos to Neroca FC for finishing runners-up in their first first I-league outing...N-E football clubs continue to impress
    Introspection is the need of the hour for the Big Two of Kolkata!
    Deb_Banspartaindian_goonermunna219777deepudeepakckartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Congrats to Minerva and Neroca.

EB and MB lost a very big chance.

Deb_Banashindiadeepakc
  • samsam 16428 Points
    After released by EB, Bazie ended up winning the league and Plaza ended up being relegated. 
    goalkeeparmunna219777Carbon_14ashindia[Deleted User]sparta
  • Well done Minerva. Hope it will be publicised in punjab upto great extents in order to popularise the game in the state. Since punjabi mundas are strong built it will help NT in future. Kudos. Long live indian football. 
    SOCCER4klashindiaspartadeepakc
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Happy for Minerva and NEROCA. Congrats to them. But it was a lifetime opportunity lost by EB & MB as Goan powerhouses and Bengaluru FC was not there.

In fact EB should leave all ambitions for winning IL and be satisfied as a mid tier team -- if they couldn't win tis time they will never. And the less said about MB the better whose coach sabotages the team and drives away key players (each of whom then shine at the opponent clubs), and who cannot fill up their own club ground. All these must be a Kolkata streak because these are bettered by another city-based club, sorry, franchisee, KFC. Sorry again, that would be ATK (or KKR?). Both of the two got multiple chances to leapfrog over the rival clubs, each time they failed. They should realize that they do not rule Indian football any more.

Three clubs from three NE states. If that statistics is not a tight slap on IMGR (who club the whole of diverse NE under one 'united' club, then what is. And the fans voted with their feet. NE rules Indian football, win IL or not.

I see reason to remain upbeat on Indian football, in spite of AIFF trying its best to kill it (insane schedule, no promotion, no financial model). Let's see what the next season unfolds.
    indian_goonerthebeautifulgamegoalkeeparmunna219777RonnyCarbon_14ashindiasanvedjadhavarunskumar148spartaand 1 other.
  • amitrao19706888amitrao19706888 Bhavnagar161 Points
    Minerva champions of ( I-League without sonynorde).
    Deb_Bandeepakc
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Congratulations to Minerva FC and Mr Bajaj. Well Deserved Victory !!! They were serious about I-League right from day 1.

Big-2 from Calcutta wasted time in negotiating circus, playing friendlies with those circus teams only, selected sub standard foreigners just because they had played in India before.
    I feel sad for Churchill Brothers but no team deserved to be relegated. This was an exciting season.
    goalkeeparCarbon_14Deb_Banindian_goonersanvedjadhavdeepakc