I-League 2017-18

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    edited March 2018
    Not to worry about CB! Few clubs would shut shop again this year (citing financial burden) and Federation would again go begging for clubs to participate; eventually to have 10 Teams(if I League continues!), CB would be brought back!

However, the signing of Plaza on the last day of the league has been an "exemplary" example set by Churchill! I think, in our school days we played fair and were more serious about the game than the way I-League is run! 
    RonnygoalkeeparCarbon_14indian_goonerkarenesudhakar2050ashindiaspartamunna219777deepakc
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    Congrats to Minerva & Neroca... Very happy to see new teams doing good... They deserve and I hope they will continue to rise..

Hope CB gets chance to play I-League next season..

At the start of the season, I was expecting E.B/M.B as Champions followed by Aizawl...  Also I predicted E.B to score most number of goals and it holds good now :)  

This I-league season is one of the best and competitive.. With the likes of  BFC,JFC, Dempo, Salgaocar & SCG, it would have been fabulous... 
    Carbon_14Deb_Banashindiaspartamunna219777deepakc
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I remember the day Ranjit Bajaj was literally begging AIFF to take Minerva into the I leage and everyone was not sure if they could make the jump.Ofcourse things have changed a lot since but still cannot take credit away from them..they have done it! for example- Fateh Hyd and It's NRI owner talks big and is dedicated but it took them a couple of years to become a known name in 2nd division, whereas Minerva won the league!
    Deb_Banashindiasanvedjadhavspartamunna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Bajaj is a drug mafia semi-warlord in Punjab. Backed by politicians for election money, his team will probably play isl this season.
    ashindiagoalkeeparspartaDX
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited March 2018
    Minerva Punjab have also shown that clubs can sign talented players from Bhutan and Nepal by spending a fraction of the big two spending on their foreigners yet getting more value and returns for money.

And also getting almost their whole nation to support and follow the club's exploits and follow I-league, increasing overall viewership.
    goalkeeparNagendraspartamunna219777indian_goonerkartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    And MB showed that they are not that much effective ((a joke, but I second what @sanvedjadhav said).
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Churchill Brothers request AIFF to reverse their relegation from #HeroILeague!
    Soccerlovermunna219777DXindian_goonerBrainFallINDIACarbon_14deepakcsparta
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    But they are the ones who wants Rel pro in the ISL.
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    If Churchill Brothers are expempted. From Relegation, so the same should be done with Mumbai FC too. Their request for reinstating were not entertained by AIFF. Same must be done with Churchill Brothers. But given that Alemao Churchill is an MLA for NCP, the same party that Praful Patel, AIFF president represents, there may be some backdoor entry for them.
    munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    Minerva will make more money from travel subsidies from AFC CUP than I-league win.
    100k usd
    Deb_Bansparta