They lack basic organizing and don't stress at having fans 
    People who attend a game aren't really interested to attend the next 

»No stable ticket counter 
    Ticket sales only during match day 
    »The lights outside stadium would be off and will be dark 
    »Condition of seats are bad 
    »Toilets kept closed 
    »No water available throughout the stadium
    »Moreover they allow freebies who keep fighting ,break chairs and spoil experience
    munna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I respect their passion to develop locals 
    But someone needs to attend their games to know their state of organization
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    It is shocking to see that a club named of chennai city will be looking to play in coimbatore and @gaffertape ; commenting like you agree with it...

It is as lame watching FC pune city or mumbai city playing their matches in nagpur because the fans were not turning out...

This is going to be a bigger flop move than having a i-league club out of TN itself
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @shankar
    Chennai City FC have no choice

CHENNAIYANS FC have the rights during the season for  the Nehru Stadium
    ISL games will be played don Wednesday thru to Sunday

I-League games are only on Mondays & Tuesdays... ,
    due to the ISL rules , NO ONE ,. not even the home team can use the stadium on Match day -2 or Match Day -1

As such , Chennaiyans FC can't use the Nehru stadium on a Monday or Tuesday ,there is no way CHENNAI CITY FC will be allowed to.

Apart from the issue ( non issue ) of taking on the mighty IMG-R in this regard

there is the small matter of the mercenary Tamil Nadu sports department who will charge an arm and a leg for the stadium use

it is cheaper and more viable for CCFC to play in Coimbatore,.

Mumbai FC played an entire season in Kohlapur
    Shillong Lajong played half a home season in Manipur & Assam 

IF CCFC want to survive , they need to adapt.

even Aizawl FC will have to play their AFC games outside of Aizawl
    munna219777Carbon_14goalkeepardeepakcarchak
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Aizawl FC will play in Guwahati I guess
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    CCFC is a direct entry club, which means they have some commitment (mostly financial) plus AIFF must have ensured that they have a stadium to play, rented or owned. So how do AIFF react when suddenly the club says they do not have any stadium to play in? If AIFF prefer to keep mum like it's none of their business, and they default on the financial front as well, then what?
    Carbon_14archak
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2017
    I saw good crowd in Coimbatore for Kerala Santosh Trophy matches. It is a big city. If Pondicherry stadium was maintained well, it is also a good place with proven domestic football crowd.
    Carbon_14indian_goonerBrainFallINDIAgoalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Deb_Ban ; Nobody is paying anything. AIFF just adjusts amount by not paying match subsidy, travel subsidy, prize winnings, Floodlight subsidy.
    Carbon_14Deb_Bangoalkeepar
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1092 Points
    Playing in Coimbatore might attract some fans from Palakkad which 1 hr away. Palakkad has regular sevens tourney which attracts a good turnout. 
    Renaming to Kovai City will be good I think.

Btw Chennai City was estd as Nethaji Sports Club in 1946 and renamed to Chennai City in 2013 when Rohit Ramesh bought it.

And SDAT which owns Almost all Sports infra in TN have accepted for a smaller rent for Coimbatore JLNS.
    BrainFallINDIAmunna219777debarghya89SOCCER4klgoalkeeparindian_gooneratuljg