Intercontinental Cup 2019

Comments

• Manvir Singh -shit 
    Borges - bogus 
    Amarjit - not ready for nt 
    Kotal - seems to have fights with literally everyone else 

I will wait here only 

I don't think problem is with stimac or anything atm..  There is absolutely no communication between many players which is understandable since they have never played together 

Will wait till qualifiers to comment 

Oh btw crowd was good 9k+,  atmosphere was lit after second goal and ppl didn't leave till 90min ..should have got one goal before their 5th 

And I wont be surprised if brandon won't be part of nt It looks like he's not listening to what stimac is telling him... I might be wrong
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    @dreamer: So? have I said anything to the contrary? Since many members seemed to prefer Constantine's style, I made the remark, in a jocular vein, saying that since he is unemployed, he can be brought back again.
    dreamer
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Anyone has press conference?
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    What's the point of playing for rankings when the team is shit. Let's not get our pitch forks out. We should judge him on the task and not on his preparations. His task is wq qualification, and if he fails in that throw him out but let's not get impatient here.
    deepu
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    @sam Remember the match against Laos was an away friendly. Until that time we had very bad results in playing away from India and due to crowd support and pressure, it was a tough match for India. I am sure if you play Stimac's present team against Laos there is a high probability that we will lose. 
    Yes, Constantine ignored seemingly deserving players like Brandon, Mandar, Bheke etc but answer honestly, have these players performed miraculously well in the last few matches where they have been called up for NT? Brandon was ok during king's cup cup could not leave a lasting impression. In fact the real finds of King's Cup were amarjit, Sahal and Raynier. Rahul bheke has flopped as a defender in all the matches he has played so far. And about Mandar, the less said would be better about last game performance. Consti had a philosophy of playing football which involved players working hard both defensively as well as offensively and trying to press and win the ball in the midfield. Some players, though less skilled fitted into his philosophy thus he stuck with them while others like Brandon and Mandar do not do enough defensively while being brilliant in attacking play. Think of it like Jose Mourinho's philosophy. He likes his players to track back when the team is not in possession. Those players who do not conform to his style were moved out of the club. This was primarily the reason Mourinho sold Mata to Man Utd despite the latter being awarded Chelsea's Fan's Player of the year for the last 2 consecutive years and having the highest number of assists in Premier League in the last season.  
    thebeautifulgameAbhishekCarbon_14
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points
    Consti stressed on formation shape which enabled us to lug the holes. With the new approach i do not see any shape and thats a concern. In modern football its important to keep shape
    thebeautifulgameashindiamunna219777BrainFallINDIAharitrams24
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    edited July 2019
    @Chelseafan Laos game was not a friendly, it was a playoff match to qualify for the 3rd round of asian cup qualifiers. we ended up there because of the horrid performance in the 2nd round of WCQs, let me remind you we were at the bottom of the group and everything after that until the china game was an illusion created by AIFF, we got lucky in the draw for asian cup qualifiers otherwise we would have been out of the that too.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @thebeautifulgame ; Including fan favourite players cannot always give desired results. They need to fit in the grand scheme of playing style of Coach. Thats why team with Holicharan Narzary or Bikash Jairu under SC gave better result then Brandon, Mandar who excel in ISL .
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @dev_pfc Yes we were lucky. If we had drawn against Yemen instead of Nepal in First Round, we might have been knocked out there only and would not have collected so many FIFA points.
    Our high ranking is not true reflection. It was due to extra long qualification process starting from First Round against Nepal, Group matches for World cup, Playoff with Laos, Group matches for Asian Cup qualifiers. We were lucky in the Draw for AFC Asian Cup qualifiers.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    @Chelseafan; You have made some good and valid points...shows that you are well informed about Indian football (and football in general) and passionate about it. I hope that time permitting you and guys like you contribute more to this forum, more so when our football is in a stage of crisis.

However, I have a reservation about the point that you make about players having been called up to the NT in Stimac's tenure and not performed according to expectations. I agree that Bheke has been a flop but at least he deserved a chance in the NT which Stimac has given him. About the others, do you really think that a player can make a "lasting impression" in 4-5 matches? Brandon was completely off boil today but as we know he has immense talent. Mandar flopped badly in the last game because he was played in the wrong position. You would surely agree with me that you at least need to give chance to the youngsters who have proved it in the domestic circuit, otherwise how would you judge whether they are cut for the international level? Consti never did that: he hardly attended I-league matches and thus ignored a major chunk of the talent pool that we possess. I at least think that this was his gravest mistake
    AbhishekChelseafansouravindiagiridharan