Afghanistan vs India Group E World Cup Qualifier|14 November 2019

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    @goalkeepar ; we are waiting for your gene theory
    giridharanrudra
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Rahul KP deserves a chance in place of Udanta..start Doungel and Farukh and bring Sunil in 2nd half
    atuljgashindiaSiVsouravindia
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    I did not watch the match, but reading through the commentary/comments - coach is managing to put the best combination possible on the field. He does not have enough talented player right now (they are slowly developing). The more they play together they will get better. I am not taking any sides on the results for now. As long as they are working hard, learning and not repeat mistakes, they would get better after every outing. 
    goalkeeparsammunna219777giridharanDeb_BanatuljgashindiaEastBengalPridedeepu
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited November 2019
    Brandon is the only player whom we can depend for set pieces, corners. He is better than Thapa in this regard. 
    goalkeeparRonnyspartaPassijitug1979giridharanashindiaSiVkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    edited November 2019
    And I wanna meet the stat people who said we should be fine and we are better than afghanistan. We are shit, We need to accept this and about time we do something about this.

Stimac was going on and on that the shots on target is more. Well i hope he wins football games with that stat
    munna219777goalkeeparRatulAbhishek
  • And now for the dislike comments!

Chhetri trying to follo the footsteps of his mentor(Bhutia) & want to adopt the Kohli model of cricket, is ruining Indian football. This guy should be asked to STFU - and either shape up or ship out. Period.

He is the one, who voice his opinion in almost everything related to Indian football and has his own set of preferences, who keeps on finding their name in the playing XI (Udanta),who doesn't even knows the basics of football. Of all the crosses that he intends to send, his accuracy is probably not even 20%. 

Let some of us also not try to put a veil and defend Chhetri. A footballer cannot contribute at the age of 35/36 yrs at the highest level & its time to look beyond him.

Better to set smaller milestones & start preparing from now without looking too far ahead; atleast have a pool of 25-30 players without making any bias between ISL/I-League players. Today, we don't even have 15 players whom we can bank upon. 

No point blaming Stimac, if u have 2 foreigners in crucial positions as CB, CAM, CDM, wingers, strikers in domestic tournaments! It requires no rocket science to understand the pitiable conditions of Indian football.

sudheermylankalChelseafangoalkeeparrudraEastBengalPrideSiVAbhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    A country filled with amateurs and players playing abroad in 5th or 6th tier are finding it easy to go against us. We should probably do the same ask our players to go abroad and get the experience.

Simply playing here not knowing the basics of football we are never going to improve. Only the players to blame for this
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    Here is my verdict 

1. Gulpreet Sandu - (8/10) did what he was played for save 2 sure goal shots.

2. Pritam Kotal - (6/10) was OK in left back and put in few crosses but give away few balls to afghans and brought unwanted pressure.

3. Adil Khan - (9/10).was best defender on pitch for India and cleared many set pieces with his headers and was also solid on ground.

4. Rahul Bhake - (7/10) Bhake is much more comfortable as CB then LB in NT, he did his job what he was meant for.

5. Mandar Desai - (0/10) worst player on pitch today, and was horrible in LB position, I can't Solly blame him as he is natural winger but forced by Igor to play as LB, he is also horrible fc goa as LB in ISL but still somehow Igor uses him as LB in NT

6. Udanta Singh - (1/10) I didn't even see udanta once on ball in first half, udanta almost did nothing in entre match, he was only visible late in 2nd half.

7. Pronoy Haldar - (4/10) he did nothing other then playing ball from left to right and giving back passes, and somehow Igor played him as a CM instead of a CDM

8. Brandon Fernandes - (9/10) Best Indian player today on the pitch, was the only one who was doing something in first half, he was played as CDM by Igor today still impressed by pin point distribution and set pieces and also got the all important assist to save India from shame.

9. Sahal Samad - (3/10) did almost nothing today, didn't even tried to get on ball, was poor today and rightly substituted.

10. Ashique Qurniyaan - (5/10) didn't get much ball in first half other then ones wherd he dribbled past 4 players when he played as LW, but was solid when he came back and played as LB and also did overlapping runs when India was desperate for goal.

11. Sunil Chhetri - (2/10) did almost nothing in the match, missed sitters, give away ball unnecessary and showed he has slowed down and we need his replacement asap, a 38 year old chhetri was no match for a fit afghan side today.

12. Farukh Choudhary - (5/10) came in and give fresh air to left  wing and tried to help the team, he was impressive during India's full out attack.

13. Manvir Singh - (4/10) tried his best to help the team, but his touch is horrible, he missed one open header also.

14. Samuel Dongul - (6/10) he was very impressive today for the little time he got to play, his only downfall was he is very selfish player and holds on to ball for too long, but he got India the important goal.

ajmalatuljgCarbon_14namewtheldgaffertapePassi[Deleted User]ashindiagiridharanRonnyand 4 others.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    edited November 2019
    This @Kool guys way of typing and the way of speaking of Igor is very much similar, I think Kool is the fake account of Igor here on IFN,
    NaujawanSoccerloverrudraashindiagiridharanmunna219777haritrams24SiVAbhishek
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited November 2019
    When I commented that, it was before the goal, go to replay and see, there were miss passes. He did improve later on I agree.

I said that keeping in mind that Indians were looking from Brandon to make plays, but as a play maker he couldn't play the pirlo role in the first half. He did manage simple good paces but couldn't dictate the tempo.