Afghanistan vs India Group E World Cup Qualifier|14 November 2019

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Our players are not bad. We just need a coach who can devise a gameplan which suits their level of technical and tactical abilities (and no, hoofing long balls from defence to strikers is not one of them!!). I believe we can play better if the coach uses the right strategy with the right players. Like Constantine knew we lack in attacking abilities. Thus to grind out results he made us play a counter attacking style while improving our defence. If you guys will remember we started playing out from the back during his time only. Earlier our defenders were scared of receiving the ball and used to clear it haphazardly. But then the CB partnership of arnab mondol and Jhingan started passing the ball around. So he ad the players who fit into his style. we need a more practical style which suits us.
    ajmal
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Without the actual good players playing (Seriton, Soosairaj, Joby, Amarjit, Chullova, Danmawia, Liston, Savior Gama, Redeem) instead of the shit players (Chhetri, Ashique, Anas, Pritam, Udanta), we will win 0 games
    sudheermylankalgoalkeeparChelseafankarenesudhakar2050EastBengalPrideSiVNagendra
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    Luckily there were no injuries because of the artificial pitch. 

Afghanistan remain unbeaten in Dushanbe where they've beaten Bangladesh and drawn with Jordan, Tajikistan and India
    munna219777giridharan
  • May be we should focus on I league and ISL only, International football is not our cup of tea 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    We should come out of this mindset that long ball bad , short pass good. Depending on the situation, even Spain Holland Uruguay will use Long Ball. It is the skillset of players which matter. Poor players will struggle in passing game. Do you want to lose against SAAF nations and then say we failed to win but see we didnt play long ball ? We were struggling to string few passes together and chasing the game but look we didnt use long ball. 

In today's game, the playing XI in first half was totally incapable of scoring any goal or winning the match. To win, you need goal scoring players. Only thing positive was that Stimac realised that in second half and brought in Doungel Manvir Farukh after throwing caution to the winds.
    ajmalgiridharangoalkeeparSiVRatulsouravindia
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    Btw I cant remember Doungel scoring a goal from header in the isl matches I have watched.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited November 2019
    Stimac didn't realize anything, putting all our strikers in was a panic reflex action. Otherwise he would have put 2 of them in and kept Sahal
    goalkeeparmunna219777thebeautifulgameRatulsouravindia
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I think Sahal is not ready yet and should only be a second half sub..he hasnt looked capable of scoring..Thapa actually gets in positions and converts instead..
    giridharangoalkeeparashindiaBrainFallINDIAmunna219777gaffertapeharitrams24souravindiaAbhishek
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    It's not that Sahal is not ready. There was no box to box play today in Thapas absence and he did not get service. All three Thapa, Sahal and Brandon should play together. 

A midfield diamond formation could work. Anyway, wingers like Udanta and Ashique contribute nothing.
    goalkeepargiridharannamewtheldspartakartik91Abhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    ^^Easier said than done
    Naujawan