List of Players who deserve National Team Call-Up

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    @Chelseafan
    He is still making a comeback from recovery. He completed his training back home and has started full training with CFC. He might not be match fit yet. He hasn't even played in pre-season games so we can't expect him to make it to NT. 

Stimac has also said many times he is waiting for Jeje to be ready. I'm sure its only a matter of time he will be back in the team.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    Regarding The Telegraph article, I agree with the general tenor of the report but have a few more observations

a) There is no gainsaying that players from the I-league,need to be included along with those from the ISL. However, I have a problem with the observation that youngsters who have never played in front of the Kolkata crowd could not perhaps handle the pressure. As M.S Dhoni spoke about the Indian cricket team, players can handle pressure only when get to play in front of huge crowds and it is necessary to blood them in such situations. Of course, backups (players with more experience) should also be there.

b) The suggestion of including Ralte, is as @dev_pfc said, laughable. He had been in miserable form in the CFL and struggled big time to play his natural game. A play who fails to find his place in the starting XI of his team simply does not deserve to be in the NT.

c) Defence: Most of the observations are true. Bheke has been very inconsistent and Mandar is simply being paid out of position. Besides the names mentioned, Samad Ali Mallick, who has improved tremendously under Alejandro, could also be given a look in as a RB. His ability to play in the wings also provides more attacking options.

d) The suggestions of scouting in the local leagues and organising screening camps are excellent. It was said that Stimac would be coming to attend some Durand Cup matches for scouting purposes. What happened after that? Did he or any of his assistants turn up? Were any of the players found up to the mark/NT material?
    giridharandev_pfcatuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    With our chances of qualification gone, AIFF needs to be strong here. We need a strong coach who will push out the likes of Chhetri and his band of his brother's agency players. SC11 as a player has been great, our greatest in recent times but he is 35 (legally) and the future is not him. 

How Ileague winning RBs like Chullova, or someone like Seriton, Danmaiwa Ralte, Tondomba, Samad Ali Mallik, Joby Justin doesnt make it to the NT camp even is not a mystery. Its a clear bias towards players who are plain pathetic like Rahul fucking Bheke, Manvir Singh, Sumit Passi, etc. The system is in ruins and the onus is on AIFF to clear it up and it needs to start with the coach and the captain first.
    DEFENCE123Passijitug1979goalkeeparAbhishekgaffertapeSiV
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    My squad for Afghanistan qualifier based on gametime & performance seen so far... Can change it after seeing matches in ileague

Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh, Arindam Bhattacharya

Defenders: Seriton Fernandes, Prabir Das, Adil Khan, Narender, Sarthak Golui, Anas Edathodika, Mandar Rao Desai, Subhasish Bose 

Midfielders: Redeem Tlang, Nikhil Poojary,  Mobasir Rahaman, Anirudh Thapa, Abdul Sahal, Rowlin Borges, Brandon Fernandes, Soosairaj, Ashique Kuruniyan 

Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Manvir Singh, Farukh Choudhary

Final 11
    Amrinder,
    Seriton, Adil/Anas, Sarthak, Prabir Das, 
    Brandon, Borges, Soosairaj
    Farukh, Manvir, S Chetri

haritrams24dev_pfcgoalkeeparsudheermylankalgaffertapeChelseafandeepuEastBengalPride
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    The bias of keeping Udanta out even after scoring is leaking . Lol
    goalkeeparSiVatuljgashindia
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    He scored 1 goal after missing so many chances earlier... More than scoring he needs to show quality with the ball in the final third....  he has not done it so far even after playing 25 matches for the national team... that too despite all attacks emerging via him, in that one dimensional play of old coach

Even in Stimac regime , they simply seems to be passing too many balls to udanta in right wing and keep wasting chances...  Pradhyum Reddy in his commentary during the isl match was saying that 'Udanta just keeps waiting in midfield to run with the ball ... he has not developed the aspect of running between the defenders and then receive the ball escaping the offside trap & slot it in....  '

Only fans of Udanta singh or BFC will keep supporting him blindly... not indian football team fans.....  let him become an complete player and then can start...  

Farukh too has pace and work rate, but pathetic in front of the goal... atleast he seems to be learning a bit & has shown some improvement... Farukh too has scored ,assisted better than Udanta in isl so far.... 

Why this Udanta bias Mr @Naujawan
    goalkeeparAbhishekNaujawanatuljgeldhose777haritrams24sudheermylankalashindiakartik91
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    2 of the 4 goals scored against Thailand Udanta was involved 
    Naujawan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    We need football players in NT, not 100 m sprinter's Udanta should try his luck in Olympics not in football.
    SiVharitrams24EastBengalPride
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Lol. I have no problems with picking and rotating. I just have a problem with your scape goat mentality and blami g Udanta for everything. Lol. 29 years old my ass.
    deepuEastBengalPride