India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    Not at all impressed with this Qatar team. It is true that the Indian defence harried and hassled them and GSS stood like a rock, but their play, esp. in the final third, seemed to one-dimensional today. Shooting was very erratic and they were not very clinical in front of goal. Didn't seem to be team that has beaten Luxembourg and drawn with Ireland recently.

Also, didn't see too much of Almoez Ali
    dreamerAbhishekashindiaindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    What is this "Quote" option that we are now seeing?
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    I love this Indian team and their fighting spirit despite not having played in months and literally no practice at all. Qatar may have had complete possession but one on one our players were difficult to get through despite playing with 10 men. Hats off to Stimac for his team selection as well. He has worked with what he has at his disposal and almost got us another 0-0. Bob Houghton' team lost to Kuwait 1-9 and Constantine's team lost to Japan 7-0 but not this team. Our players are much tougher mentally and physically now. 
    AbhishekNagendramasefieldtheoilfielddhritiman7deepak dedhaPassiashindiagiridharanindian_goonerdeepu
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Hoping Stimac will introduce Apuia and Brandon at the start. Pandita would be a good super sub against the weaker teams
    Absolutely. Brandon have the ability to tear apart a crowded defense. Just to balance things we may need a CDM with them. Manveer looked little subdued today. We need Sunil for rest two games in full throttle. 
    Abhishekdeepak dedhaSoham_Dedeepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    What is this "Quote" option that we are now seeing?
    Hope you got it now 😎
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777ashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Seems like Thapa tested positive & he is in quarantine 
    Ronnydhritiman7G_Kmunna219777goalkeeparSoham_Deashindiaindian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Happy with the result. 10 men against Qatar. It's difficult, but they held on. We had more offensive moves than last time, but poor decision making wasted it as always.

Stimac shouldn't be judged using this match. I'm of the opinion that he should leave because of the Bangladesh result and his lack of interest outside national team breaks. But if he can get us 6 points from the next two, there's no reason he should leave.
    dhritiman7deepak dedhamunna219777ashindiagiridharanAbhishekindian_gooner
  • Maybe we didn't concede much but overall the gameplay from India is really piss poor. We are not Asia top 15 level anyday.. Under pressure we can't sting two proper passes and our players are in a hurry to pass the ball anywhere even when the opposition players are not pushing them.. I can't imagine how we can even dream of a World Cup 2026 qualification per Prafool Patel. We have a long long long way to go.. 
    dhritiman7munna219777goalkeeparSoham_DesudheermylankalashindiaAbhishekindian_gooner
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    When you play with a very weak opponent you play bad. Remember Argentina's game agains Qatar in last Copa or a CFL match between East Bengal vs George Telegraph. Those matches would look like todays match. Same team's performance will be elevated against a good opponent. I have seen last AFC Cup thoroughly and Qatar did it in style beating Saudi, S Korea, Japan. Even in Copa they put a good show. Do not know what will they offer in WC but can't say they are a bad team. 
    deepak dedhamunna219777Soham_Deindian_gooner