India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    edited June 2021
    It's funny to see people are saying Qatar is not impressive. On any other day,  they would have scored atleast 2 more goals with the amount of chances they created. Their defense is always under control.

If we take out , Gurpreet & Jhingan, we wil get know our true picture in defense.

Attacking wise,  we are good even with 10 players. If not, Qatar solid defense, we would have scored atleast 1 goal.

Overall I'm happy with the performance. Everyone considerably played well.  Probably Brandon will start next game & Chhetri will be playing 90 mins and we will see better performance from our attacking players.

If Afghanistan fails to win next match against Oman which is most likely,  India would need just 4 points to be in 3rd position.

deepak dedhagiridharanindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited June 2021
    G_K said:
    Happy with the result. 10 men against Qatar. It's difficult, but they held on. We had more offensive moves than last time, but poor decision making wasted it as always.

Stimac shouldn't be judged using this match. I'm of the opinion that he should leave because of the Bangladesh result and his lack of interest outside national team breaks. But if he can get us 6 points from the next two, there's no reason he should leave.
    So he should leave because of just one draw? Also let's say if he leaves and we are in the playoffs, all the fans expecting a new coach to suddenly win us all games immediately after coming in? Is it not like wasting the players time and the efforts the players also put in with their previous coach? A new coach will have to watch ISL again and then decide what the best team is. Such a waste of time in terms of team building
    edited June 2021
    When you play with a very weak opponent you play bad. Remember Argentina's game agains Qatar in last Copa or a CFL match between East Bengal vs George Telegraph. Those matches would look like todays match. Same team's performance will be elevated against a good opponent. I have seen last AFC Cup thoroughly and Qatar did it in style beating Saudi, S Korea, Japan. Even in Copa they put a good show. Do not know what will they offer in WC but can't say they are a bad team. 
    People who said that Qatar is a bad team have probably never played football in their life lol
    dhritiman7deepak dedhaPassi
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Ronny said:
    When you play with a very weak opponent you play bad. Remember Argentina's game agains Qatar in last Copa or a CFL match between East Bengal vs George Telegraph. Those matches would look like todays match. Same team's performance will be elevated against a good opponent. I have seen last AFC Cup thoroughly and Qatar did it in style beating Saudi, S Korea, Japan. Even in Copa they put a good show. Do not know what will they offer in WC but can't say they are a bad team. 
    People who said that Qatar is a bad team I have probably never played football in their life lol
    Qatar is a good side. Remember Manveer's goal against East Bengal, he looked so fast and eased passed three, today he was always 2 yards behind chasing the ball despite starting sprints well ahead of Qataris. Only good thing is even with 10 men we created two chances. If Ashique would not have pushed (follow through in domestic football, again habits of getting away) that defender while coming together before dying moment we would have got a free kick / throw in near box. With Sahal on the pitch and Jhingan, Manveer, Liston (is Kotal a good attacking head? He is not improving might have touched his ceiling) inside box could have created another one. 
    munna219777Abhishekindian_gooner
    What I have also noticed today is that Sahal and Liston are slow for international football specially against top notch countries
    munna219777Abhishekindian_goonerdeepak dedha
    As Freddie Ljungberg said during 1st ISL, "Indians are three four touches behind". Summarizes everything. We Indians always need an extra touch. (Because our eyes see the ball first and then see the man, actually you need to sense the ball while receiving without watching it and only watch the man while passing. That downward head movement makes decision making slow too as you get crowded and panic sets in, your vision become blur. I can go on and on about basic techniques which we Indians lack. Be it first touch, covering shape in last four or in front of defense etc.). International football simply does not allow that extra touch (you can but you have to be real gifted). May be thats why our midfield never looked decent in International arena. Thats why Alvito, Lalkamal, Mehtab (his case was early commitment though) could never be a part of plan of a national coach. 
    Only exception is Sunil in this generation. 
    ashindiaAbhishekindian_goonerdeepak dedhakartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Even Chhetri's first touch is not good.  Apart from that,  he is top notch player. 
    I tend to agree but his timing matches with his International peers. 
    Nagendradeepak dedha
    Man you reminded me of Lalkamal. That guy never got due recognition in NT when he was in his prime
    munna219777haritrams24Abhishekdeepak dedha
    Akhmedav killed his career. He was not included in playing XI of India U-23 when he was tormenting everyone in NFL. It was so frustrating. Probably Rocus Lamere and  a Rakesh Massih started in place of him. Lalkamal played well against Bayern Munich and hit the cross piece. Stephen ignored him in his 1st stint, even Nayim. He was only Indian fellow to do step overs.  But when Bob arrived he became slow for international football and Venkatesh / Climax was in prime. 
    Here I have another view, if Lalkamal, Alvito were introduced to International football at an early age and were regular they might have upgraded accordingly ! Who knows. 

namewtheldmunna219777ashindiaRonnyAbhishekindian_goonerdeepu