India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points
    Abhishek said:
    Who are the Star sports commentators? 

i watched in hotstar in malayalam commentary. it was a guy namd vishnu and former india international jiju jacob. the audio quality didn't feel right. it was like they are speaking over a telephone.
    haritrams24munna219777ashindia
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    @dhritiman7 even in that case I would prefer Pulasta over Tyagi, I remember Debayan Sen doing commentary once, he was good too, Anant Tyagi is obsessed with the phrase "Captain Leader Legend".
    haritrams24munna219777ashindiaAbhishek
    Why is sandesh kissing everone after a clearence

Soham_De said:
    Glan needs to clear the ball.. always passing will not work.

what should be the correct appraoch w.r.t Indian team?
    we are taught at school level itself to just clear the ball in defence. we aren't taught to play and make moves from defence. 

• debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    dev_pfc said:
    @dhritiman7 even in that case I would prefer Pulasta over Tyagi, I remember Debayan Sen doing commentary once, he was good too, Anant Tyagi is obsessed with the phrase "Captain Leader Legend".
    Debayan Sen did commentary in almost all the matches of I-League when Zee bought the rights. He also did commentary in Nehru Cup..

I-League was exciting back then.. Good commentary by the likes of Debayan Sen, Arjun Pandit, Noel da Lima Leitao and ofcourse Novy. Good pre and post match show called Football Cafe hosted by Mayanti Langer and even mid week show having interviews of different coaches and player. The production quality was real good except maybe for the Zeebra girls dancing in halftime.
    dhritiman7haritrams24munna219777ashindiagaffertapegoalkeeparAbhishekdev_pfckartik91
    shibier said:
    This Qatari team is hopeless ..they are playing the world cup next year.  With this team they will finish in the group stage itself. Most probably worst performance of the host nation  ever .

exactly my thoughts. too much long ranger attempts. seems not confident enough to go inside the box and build up. surely they will fail against European teams as they will not get enough space to shoot from 25 yards.

also it is making me shudder to think india playing against those top uefa nations.
    India need a right back. 

Gareth Southgate laughing in distance. :p
    dev_pfcG_KNagendramunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Record of India National team under Wim Koevarmans for first 13 International games
    6 wins including over Syria and Cmeroon in Nehru Cup

Record of India National Team under Igor Stimac for first 13 International games
    1 win over Thailand
    deepuAbhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I can't believe people here are celebrating a loss and the pathetic display by the NT last night! Stimac did not start our best technical players in apuia, brandon, sahal and liston. He withdrew our best player in Chettri at half tine. Our players could not string more than 2 passes together, defenders were clearing the ball in panic mode, no one was able to control the ball... and you cannot pin this on us being reduced to 10 men! Yes, numerical disadvantage does hurt, but if if the remaining players are properly organized and remain calm and focused, they can overcome that. Qatar is undoubtedly a much better team than us but this should not gave stopped our players from being physically fit with good stamina. You cannot blame lockdown either as most professional athletes have workout equipments at home. The Indian team could not press Qatar high up the pitch nor close them down in our own defensive areas. Any half decent team should have done this much at least.

And we are celebrating this loss! How low have we set our standards now? This performance was disgusting and embarassing and if still you guys think that Stimac deserves a chance than I have nothing more to say here! Just remember, this is the same team that drew with the likes of Chiba, Onan, Jordan while beating Puerto Rico, Thailand etc. And now we are drawing with Bangladesh and celebrating a 0-1 loss to Qatar! 
    munna219777atuljggiridharangoalkeepargaffertapeAbhishekdev_pfcsouravindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Agreed that Bar is set very low these days.

Next two games will be critical. Nothing less then win will satisfy any Indian fan.
    Abhishek
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    For next two games, I'd like a much more attacking 4-3-3 formation.

GSS
    Kotal-Jhingan-Narender-Subhasis
    Apuia - Glan - Brandon
    Liston - Manvir - Chettri
    Ronnydhritiman7giridharangoalkeeparkartik91