Blogs, Magazines, Websites on Indian Football

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> archak said:
    > ifn is mainly a forum for the fans to discuss about indian football. while the other sites are mainly intrested in publishing news.....

maybe..and its true the blog is not as active as many of those. But again see the name of those in the list and I am sure you can see a few names whose existence hardly matters in Indian football coverage. secondly, important to see the facebook, twitter coverage spreading of news. I think IFN dont have a huge following like keeda or goal.com but does decently there (6.5 K+ in fb and 1K+ in twitter, not great but not bad either)

also i have my articles in some of these websites and i have some idea which one's get popularised more. As a professional I can't comment on others here but IFN articles have done well, except the one's published in its first year, one reason is that it comes in google news and you dont need to bug everyone to read it.

anyways, it was just an observation. this report is in no way gonna influence how well or shitty all these websites run. just want to say this is just an example on how things/surveys in Indian football move. so, when you guys are perplexed over the irrationality of govt./aiff/state association decisions, you know why and how the decisions were influenced.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

although I dont think rankings say the story, still its a good indicator, so lets see -

alexa rankings

Goal.com - Rank 315 (Global) - well, this is combined for all countries. anyways they are a well built organisation. so of a different class altogether

Feverpitch.in - Rank 2,585,510 (Global); Indian - not known

thehardtackle - Rank 192,145 (Global); Indian - 56,491 (Remember their main strength is European football)

Chris daniel blog - Rank 2,359,072 (Global); Indian - not known

Arunava Chaudhuri blog - Rank 6,205,130 (Global); Indian - not known

Barefootmag.in - Rank  4,477,970 (Global); Indian - not known

IFN - Rank -  1,083,284 (Global); Indian - 212,153

Apart from goal.com and thehardtackle everyone is way behind. I dont think the rankings reflect on the forum activities alone.
    thats all from me
  • Keep in mind that the HardTackle does foreign news a lot as well. In fact it is becoming more frequent so a lot of the Euro driven Indian market might be brought to it.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

IFN is not 'mainly a forum'. Our blog articles are well read. Highest read articles fall in the 7000 category. A general news article manages 300 reads at least! Compare that to any other site, we are there at the top. And mind u we dont publish eye-grabbing articles like '5 things..bullshit'

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

And as they call it as 'websites that promite Indian football', you know who is the biggest promoter of Indian football. There was a time wen we were ranked Top 50k site in the world, just riding on Indian football content.

• Very true and I take back what I said earlier. Lets just agree that the AIFF just typed in Indian football on google and just choose the first 6 to come up.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Very true and I take back what I said earlier. Lets just agree that the AIFF just typed in Indian football on google and just choose the first 6 to come up.

this was compiled by FICCI and libero  sports
  • > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Very true and I take back what I said earlier. Lets just agree that the AIFF just typed in Indian football on google and just choose the first 6 to come up.
    >
    >

Eitherway. Google search "Indian football" and done.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Very true and I take back what I said earlier. Lets just agree that the AIFF just typed in Indian football on google and just choose the first 6 to come up.
    > >
    > >

>
    >

But IFN wins there too !

• > ashindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > rudra said:
    > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > Very true and I take back what I said earlier. Lets just agree that the AIFF just typed in Indian football on google and just choose the first 6 to come up.
    > > >
    > > >

> >
    > >

>
    >
    But IFN wins there too !