Pune FC News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Lets be honest, with all the hype around Bengaluru FC and their amazing professionalism, and the fact that Pune's professional was confirmed as "overrated", we have kinda given Pune FC a backseat and have decided that they are no longer relevant. It is amazing really. Only a couple years ago we had fans all over Indian football who loved Pune FC, their professional approach and academy. Sadly, things have come out like free tickets (to many), overaged academy, typical Indian football fraternity people signing for them etc... it seemed like Pune FC turned from that club people thought would change Indian football into the club that was just another typical team but with some flare. Bengaluru FC on the other hand was something different and better and they have proven to be different from the rest.

However, Pune FC just released a video which shows their fans going to the match in Mumbai. It is a very welcoming video that reminds of the club which is probably the 2nd most supported in Pune now.

I don't know about you guys, but I hope that Pune FC can do a Bengaluru FC and become a professional powerhouse again. The city of Pune deserves it.

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Pune FC had better crowd support this season as compared to previous seasons. Also it was nice to see Families and children coming to the Stadium. This club has long term vision. It was unnecessary to plant Kalyani Bharat FC in Pune as Football market is limited.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    how many years before we see Bengaluru adopt the same mentality?
    Bengaluru FC is already ahead of what Pune FC have ever done. I doubt they will ever go the route of Pune.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I am not hearing any news from Pune, regarding their plans for next season..any one with inside info?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    I think there is substance in @archak's comment. Pune FC's initial days were heady, later they staagnated.
    I agree but I feel Bengaluru FC will be different. They are ahead of Pune FC, even at Pune's best.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    PFC have lost the ambitions of the earlier days..Now they make up a mid-table team every year with unwanted average players and academy grads mixed with some below par foreigners..They invest little in senior team..tried something different by bringing in Mike Snoei but it failed..And ruined this season by signing Karim..
    So, @Gaffertape You mentioned that Pune FC might close shop. Anymore word on that?