Subrata Pal

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> preetam said:
    > subrata can make it in austria 4th division where he tried last year...
    leave whatever ....we dont know which foreign club he will make...but one thing is sure he is little better than i-league material...so he desrve to play outside india with slightly better league than india.....A-league middle tier team...or thai league top team will be gud...

but he wont get enough money there
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

@rudra

he once said he is ready to play in europe for free...so i don't think money matters to him a lot....he wants to learn which is gud so if he gets the opportunity then i don't see any reason for rejecting it...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> preetam said:
    > @rudra

he once said he is ready to play in europe for free...so i don't think money matters to him a lot....he wants to learn which is gud so if he gets the opportunity then i don't see any reason for rejecting it...

never take seriously what a player tells the press. practicality is also something. also playing in 4th division wont give him the stardom he enjoys in India. plus you get less money, plus you stay in some other country with very different ways of life, plus you are slowly ageing now, need to think about the future...many factors work in a players decision
  • Subrata Pal has many years left. He is 26 years old and a goalkeeper. At this moment though I am finding it tough to see him go abroad. I actually find him a bit overrated. He is not even the concrete starting goalkeeper at Prayag United.

I still think that Red Bull wanted to take advantage of football in India and saw that the "Spider-man" was still here in the I-League so they arranged a trial for him in the hope of marketing their product. 

Also to put it in perspective of the A-League. He will never make it their. 2nd goalkeeper for sure. And even then people will talk like they did with United Sikkim about using one of your foreign slots on a goalkeeper.

If Subrata is to go abroad I would like him to first cement his spot as the best keeper in India. On paper its true but in live action that is far from the truth.

@Arsenalkid700 ;

i don't agree wid u at this that he is overrated....yes i agree right now he is not at his peak but 2007 nehru cup and 2011 asian cup proves that he deserves a chances in abroad......apart from that india lost 5-0 to UAE  in 2010..still their coach praises subrata for his performance.....i'm sure within a year he will be playing on abroad

at the end of 2013 u will see atleast brandon ,sunil and subrata out of india(playing 4 some club)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Subrata pal only does well in big matches otherwise is below par sometimes worse actually.Gurpreet is much more consistent even though he's not as felixible as subrata I can see him taking Subrata pal's place in few years.

• > preetam said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 ;

i don't agree wid u at this that he is overrated....yes i agree right now he is not at his peak but 2007 nehru cup and 2011 asian cup proves that he deserves a chances in abroad......apart from that india lost 5-0 to UAE  in 2010..still their coach praises subrata for his performance.....i'm sure within a year he will be playing on abroad

at the end of 2013 u will see atleast brandon ,sunil and subrata out of india(playing 4 some club)

And I don't agree with you on your assessment of Subrata. Look up the match on youtube between Pune FC and Chirag United Kerala in the Nehru Stadium from last season and look at the goal Chirag score and you will see just how good Subrata is. That is not to say he is crap, he is good, just not as good as people like to make out. He may have heroics in 2007-2011 but so does every player at some points. Football history will show you that. 

This actually reminds me of former Arsenal youth products Luke Freeman and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. Guys who dominated at the Reserve level and who every Arsenal fan thought should play for the first-team. After all, they had there many moments in the sun at youth level. Scoring goals for fun, it seemed they were just to good for the Reserves. What happened? They failed. Now Freeman plays in the 3rd Division of England and is a regular striker. Nothing big. While Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is now with 2nd tier side Ipswich Town and is not even a constant starter and when he plays, looks ordinary.

Same applies to Subrata. He looked to good for India but in reality he is not and the I-League is where he belongs.

I MENTIONED EARLIER THAT RIGHT NOW HE IS NOT AT HIS PEAK.....BUT HE IS ONLY 26,HE CAN REGAIN HIS FORM....BY SEEING 2007-11 PERFORMANCE one can easily guess that he has the potential to move abroad

remember:

FORM IS TEMPORARY,CLASS IS PERMANENT...

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@preetam exactly "FORM IS TEMPORARY,CLASS IS PERMANENT"

His form in 2007 & 11 was temporary.

• > preetam said:
    > I MENTIONED EARLIER THAT RIGHT NOW HE IS NOT AT HIS PEAK.....BUT HE IS ONLY 26,HE CAN REGAIN HIS FORM....BY SEEING 2007-11 PERFORMANCE one can easily guess that he has the potential to move abroad

remember:

FORM IS TEMPORARY,CLASS IS PERMANENT...

Then show it. He needs to retain his spot on the Prayag United XI and then cement himself as India's best keeper. That is all.