Subrata Pal

Comments

• <span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="Arial Black" size="4">Fans on Subrata Pal: It’s only Germany’s 4th Division!</font></span><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br><div><div>India keeper Subrata Pal has completed a two-week long trial-cum-training with German 4th Division club RB Leipzig. Subrata had a great time with the German outfit, but football fans and media in India didn’t show that much interest in the trials as many preferred to say it’s „just the 4th Division“. But hardly anyone in India has seen the league in action and there is a lack of knowledge to rate the standards in Germany’s 4th Division, which features players like Bastian Schweinsteiger!</div><div><br></div></div><div><b>Full Article: http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/04/fans-on-subrata-pal-its-only-germanys-4th-division/</b></div><div><hr><font face="Arial">You cant help but agree with him. The German 4th Division is way better than I-League. I-League cant even say it is Top 15 in Asia. If you want to compare I-League to a German league than go down to maybe the 5th or 6th tier. We are still behind and anyone who disagrees should go to youtube and watch highlights of the 4th tier. You will be amazed.</font></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    They were interested in him, but I feel, being in 4th division they were bounded may division rules so they want him next year. </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Doubt it. There #1 is a former Swiss international so Subrata would be on the bench. I still this Austria (Red Bull Salzburg) is more realistic due to the old keeper and the 2nd keeper not rated highly.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Heck maybe Red Bull New York will call him but that depends if out 23 year old keeper decides to join a Euro club which I doubt. </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><a href="http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/03/subrata-pal-set-to-return-to-rb-leipzig/">http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/03/subrata-pal-set-to-return-to-rb-leipzig/</a>;
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Staff of RB were really impressed, but couldnt not sign him, as mentioned by above article, is player registration, etc. They want him next year too, and they have plan to accommodate him in the squad if he shows same dedication next year. IMO, they want him next year, as they plan to get promoted to 3rd division this season and then they could register him easily. Even if he stays on bench to current goalkeeper, he could learn more and develop more as level of play and training is different in Germany than in India. Heck, if he impress the staff in later, then he can cement his place in first team.(Highly optimistic!! )</font></div>
  • reddevil87 wrote: »
    <br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    They were interested in him, but I feel, being in 4th division they were bounded may division rules so they want him next year. </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Doubt it. There #1 is a former Swiss international so Subrata would be on the bench. I still this Austria (Red Bull Salzburg) is more realistic due to the old keeper and the 2nd keeper not rated highly.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Heck maybe Red Bull New York will call him but that depends if out 23 year old keeper decides to join a Euro club which I doubt. </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><a href="http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/03/subrata-pal-set-to-return-to-rb-leipzig/">http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/03/subrata-pal-set-to-return-to-rb-leipzig/</a>;
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Staff of RB were really impressed, but couldnt not sign him, as mentioned by above article, is player registration, etc. They want him next year too, and they have plan to accommodate him in the squad if he shows same dedication next year. IMO, they want him next year, as they plan to get promoted to 3rd division this season and then they could register him easily. Even if he stays on bench to current goalkeeper, he could learn more and develop more as level of play and training is different in Germany than in India. Heck, if he impress the staff in later, then he can cement his place in first team.(Highly optimistic!! )</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Again with the age of there keeper and the age of Subrata (along with Subrata's dedication) Red Bull could actually be thinking of having Subrata as successor to there current #1 in maybe 1-2 seasons. I already have hope that Red Bull should be in Bundesliga within 5 years. Red Bull has only been in charge for 3 years and have already done well (promotion from 5th division to 4th division in there first year) and if they dont get promoted to the 3rd division than I am surprised. They can easily do it.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Another example of slack journalism when it come to football. Read this article - http://www.deccanherald.com/content/269044/koevermans-expects-india-defend-crown.html<br><br>It says :<br>While Chhetri is busy with his engagements with Sporting Lisbon’s ‘B’
    side in Portugal and would be able to make it only by the time Nehru Cup
    starts, <b>Paul is unavailable after signing up with a German fourth
    division club and would be back for the latter stages of the camp. </b><br><br>How much time it takes to verify this? 5 mins in google?<br>
  • rudra wrote: »
    Another example of slack journalism when it come to football. Read this article - http://www.deccanherald.com/content/269044/koevermans-expects-india-defend-crown.html<br><br>It says :<br>While Chhetri is busy with his engagements with Sporting Lisbon’s ‘B’
    side in Portugal and would be able to make it only by the time Nehru Cup
    starts, <b>Paul is unavailable after signing up with a German fourth
    division club and would be back for the latter stages of the camp. </b><br><br>How much time it takes to verify this? 5 mins in google?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Could be worst. I hear that in Australia the media is worse with Australian football. </div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    hahaha...when subrata sign for them....
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

According to rumors he has been arrested by local Police.

• archakarchak 2082 Points

Indian Goalkeeper Subrata Pal has been put into lockup by local police due to some misunderstanding between him & the security of Dakhineswar. According to the father in law of Subrata..The security men misbehaved badly with Subrata &
    also abused him.
    released on intervention of Madan Mitra (sports min of bengal)

• Wait... what... I dont understand?