SAFF Championship 2011, General Discussions Thread

Comments

• I seriously hope Savio is sacked aftr da SAFF cup or else we will lose by big margins against Bayern Munich and South Africa (if the match is on). I really do not understand his mentality..he is trying to say he doent hav time to luk at new players and dats why he is playing the old guys who he knows frm Bob Houghton's time.. bloody escapist!!!! And now too the team he selected isnt great..rite now I am watching the Nepal team play n believe me they r playing gud...they will pose a threat to us if we play wid the team we have.
    Also he said aftr losing against Zambia that Sunil and Jeje was wasting thr time in Scotland..who the f*** is he to say that whn his team selection wasnt gud at all. Excuses and excuses!!!!!
    i really hope he is SACKED or else we are doomed!!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I just cant bear his face..looks like a bloody moron.
    What a game today by Nepal! They deserved to win but were unlucky. Maldives were completely outplayed. And the point to be noted is that they played nice one touch game in spite of a British coach at the helm. We should make an offer to Graham Roberts. he can do a good job
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    anyone noticed the turf???wow i hadn't saw such a beautiful turf before in india...
    amazing work by aiff and sai to bring this turf to such a good standard....glad that such an important tournament is being played in best possible standard available in the region....
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    actually that was the 1st thing I noticed in the match and only thing I noticed during the entire Bangla vs Pak match. They should stop kidding themselves and focus on cricket
  • I seriously hope Savio is sacked aftr da SAFF cup or else we will lose by big margins against Bayern Munich and South Africa (if the match is on). I really do not understand his mentality..he is trying to say he doent hav time to luk at new players and dats why he is playing the old guys who he knows frm Bob Houghton's time.. bloody escapist!!!! And now too the team he selected isnt great..rite now I am watching the Nepal team play n believe me they r playing gud...they will pose a threat to us if we play wid the team we have.
    Also he said aftr losing against Zambia that Sunil and Jeje was wasting thr time in Scotland..who the f*** is he to say that whn his team selection wasnt gud at all. Excuses and excuses!!!!!
    i really hope he is SACKED or else we are doomed!!

I think what he meant was that Sunil and Jeje went and came back. But what he does not realize is that a week just training at Rangers is better than playing 10 matches in a row against SAFF teams.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Yes somesh da, the playing surface looks really awesome. But it looked little small to me. But anyway you are right, this is the best possible infrastructure we could have offered. SAI has done brilliant job with the turf.
  • Yes somesh da, the playing surface looks really awesome. But it looked little small to me. But anyway you are right, this is the best possible infrastructure we could have offered. SAI has done brilliant job with the turf.

They have definitely out done themselves. Hopefully the stadium will be loud for the match. That would at least make staying up till 4 in the morning here in New York worth it.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    why India playing at 3 p.m....i think India's matches should be at 6 then only you will get a good crowd
  • why India playing at 3 p.m....i think India's matches should be at 6 then only you will get a good crowd

Shouldn't really make a difference. Its a weekend match at a perfectly air conditioned stadium. Crowd should still b good.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    why India playing at 3 p.m....i think India's matches should be at 6 then only you will get a good crowd

Shouldn't really make a difference. Its a weekend match at a perfectly air conditioned stadium. Crowd should still b good.

i think 3 pm is bit early bcoz its still office time ppl will only get free after 5 and 5.30 i guess