SAFF Championship 2011, General Discussions Thread

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    nepal national team is gonna play a friendly with bangladesh league champions Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi for preparation of saff cup..

haha they have to play against a small team from bangladesh.
    the funnier thing is that nepali fans think it as ideal way to prepare for the championship......to challenge us and maldives....day-dreamers
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    haha..

gotta say Nepal isnt a threat to India or Maldives...their preps of ASEAN didnt go to plan and there is only so much one can do within limited talent pool, which is to the credit of Maldives for having much smaller population and competing.

But hey i guess anything is better than what Pkn is doing and that is playing against ur local sides..brought in serbian coach who is first timer in asia hence not having any network of his own to pull few strings in getting camps or friendlies and floods in thailand forced to call up the training camp there...

Hopefully get to see a good saff cup and some live streaming over here :)
    haha..

gotta say Nepal isnt a threat to India or Maldives...their preps of ASEAN didnt go to plan and there is only so much one can do within limited talent pool, which is to the credit of Maldives for having much smaller population and competing.

But hey i guess anything is better than what Pkn is doing and that is playing against ur local sides..brought in serbian coach who is first timer in asia hence not having any network of his own to pull few strings in getting camps or friendlies and floods in thailand forced to call up the training camp there...

Hopefully get to see a good saff cup and some live streaming over here :)

if pakistan hasnt planned any camp or friendly so far....then should come to india earlier than other teams may be by 25th or something.....at least they will get use to the situation....any way all the best for you guys ...hope we face each other in either semis or finals if possible....
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    for Pakistan i think the visas are still an issue so cant come too early..some of our european lads are missing too because they were denied visas while they applied in europe and so on. but i guss climate is pretty much same in Lahore and Delhi but we dont much expectations this time other than laying foundations for next couple of years...

although i do expect Afghanistan to progress to the next round...they have some quality overseas players too...
    SAFF cup promo released....
  • We can't take any team lightly... India has to give its 100% against every team! Score as many goals as possible and keep trying to score no matter what!!
    maldives are currently playing first of their two friendly against seychelles as their preparation for saff cup..
    61' maldives 2-0 seychelles..
    probably our main contenders....
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    who are the scorers shankar?
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Yeah not bad,although their opponents are using some youngsters in these friendlies.
    who are the scorers shankar?
    both goals were scored by ahmed thoriq -striker