Introduction Thread

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Hi, Am Sridhar from Chennai. Working as an Analyst in a IT Major. Didnt play professional football, But experienced enough to comment on the beautiful game. Always have an opinion. Massive Football Fan since 1998, Part of the First generation of footie fans from the EPL era televised live in India. Ahh those were the Days!! <div><br></div><div>Favourite Team - Derby County FC</div><div>Favourite Indian Team -  Close to Dempo (But hate that it is a Institutional Club) Desparately waiting for the upcoming club in Chennai which is expected to get launched next season.</div><div>Favourite Player - Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, Bhaichung</div><div>Favourite Toung Player - Will Hughes (You will soon get to know him in the near future), Neymar, None in India who has shown promise yet.</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @dx7778 welcome to IFN Forum. Hope will have great time here. And will be waiting for your views and discussions with you.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    DERBY COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<div><br></div><div>My favorite Championship side. Good choice my friend. Nigel Clough will get us to the Prem.</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Lets hope Nigel is half as talented as his father... He would fire DCFC to europa league next season. But doubt it though. Club is happy being mediocre which pisses us fans off.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Welcome @dx7778<;div>Gosh I thought it was a spammer, looking at your username. I guess till such time Chennai Rangers take off, you can support Bengaluru FC</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    offcourse mate. bangalore is my home town too although i have a more affinity towards chennai. will support the club wholeheartedly if it sets the right example for other clubs to follow just like pune fc. but the jersey for BFC is another matter altogether LOL!! i thought the RCB jersey was bad this one is even worse.
    dx7778 wrote: »
    Lets hope Nigel is half as talented as his father... He would fire DCFC to europa league next season. But doubt it though. Club is happy being mediocre which pisses us fans off.

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, which is the sad thing. Sadly it is a lot more tough now to make it to the Premier League. There are many clubs that were relegated from the Premier League that get a lot of money via the "parachute payments" and then there are those clubs who get bought-out by some foreign investor looking to become the next "rags to riches" club.</div><div><br></div><div>However, I can see Derby contending for the play-offs. Johnny Russell is a really good signing, good record in Scotland's 1st tier, and is only 23 years old. While Lee Grant and John Eustace can add a lot of experience to Derby as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Just hold on to Will Hughes (unless he comes to Arsenal) and Mason Bennett and Derby will be fine.</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    welcome to the forum sridhar.... <br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Hi Sridhar welcome...<div><br></div><div>btw Dempo is not really institutional (in the sense ongc, air india, HAL were), its owned by Dempo in the same way BFC is owned by Jindals</div>
    As of now I don't think we have institutional clubs anymore. Every club in the I-League now has owners who pay their players full-time for football. Most, if not all, the players DO NOT have a second job, and the clubs also have other secondary sponsors.<div><br></div><div>The only thing "institutional" about these clubs is the fact that they are named after companies or families.</div>