Introduction Thread

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Correct, Its not exactly an institutional club bcos it has a air of professionalism abt it, but when you dont have a city affinity for a club, its very difficult to build a loyal strong base of thousands. Am pretty excited though bcos of arthus papas being there. he is hot property in india i believe, big shoes to fill after colaco but he does have it in him to succeed.

@Arsenalkid - Russell seems to be a bargain although not sure about eustace, he was brought in 2-3 seasons late so not in his prime but believe he can do a job. Primary concern is hughes to be part of derby's future cos quite frankly you have an 18yr old kid running the show which shows his importance to the club. Will be a brilliant buy for arsenal though.

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree on Eustace. At the age of 33 he can't really provide much to Derby but again, his experience could be vital to the younger players. Last season he barely played but I think this season he can grind in 20-30 games with Derby.<div><br></div><div>Will Hughes will probably leave next summer. I don't know why but I predict some sort of "English fad" next season. England will fail during the 2014 World Cup and the media will go into crisis mode about how their is little English rep in the Premier League, how clubs only care for foreigners and themselves and not the English game, and how the FA is just to weak to do anything about it. This will thus make it popular for the top sides to go after young promising English players like Will Hughes, Mason Bennett, Tom Ince, and Sam Bryam. Making them move up to the Premier League.</div><div><br></div><div>However, this could be good for Derby. Hughes will probably be worth 10-15 million. 5-10 million of that could be invested into the squad for another good player. So not all bad.</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I would rather keep him and go up. NC doesnt evoke positivity.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    dx7778 wrote: »
    I would rather keep him and go up. NC doesnt evoke positivity.

<br><div><br></div><div>That is what happens when his assistant is Gary Crosby.</div>
  • Welcome to ifn @dx778 aka sreedhar
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Welcome to ifn @dx778 aka sreedhar

Thanks mate.

@Ashlesh, Completely agree on the loyal fan base for dempo in your parts, but mate surely you will agree that dempo arent marketing themselves well (There Fan club page itself isnt working). I mean look at it, they are the most successful club in the i-league era but still wont be having a mass following outside of Goa. I even see an away fan club for Mohun bagan and what have they done these recent years?

I think they lost the plot when they could have had shahrukh take a stake in dempo but didnt, Man!! does he know how to market his team, Dempo could have been untouchable if it went its way isnt it?

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @jd2football_13 introduce yourself here and tell us more about you.

Welcome to IFN Forum.
  • kakumar80kakumar80 0 Points
    edited September 2013
    Hi I am Karan.. I am a Manchester united fan...Glory Glory Man United...<br>I recently saw a match in the allianz arena..Bayern munich Vs Manchester City..Audi Cup final..<br><br>Karan Kumar<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Even I saw that match and my name is Karan too.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Even I saw that match and my name is Karan too.

your name is Karan!!!!