Indian Footballers for foreign trials

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i><b>well cameroon , nigeria , ivory coast don't have proper league and clubs are poor...but they are in wc..so why can't we???</b></i></span><div style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Football culture?</span></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    ashindia wrote: »
    I would prefer Uttam Rai to help India U-19 make it to AFC U-19 Championship first.<br>

<br><div>you have mentioned it realistic target..<br>on the other hand the indian football needs a new superstar. one who plays in EPL club, or one who plays for any club in UCL coz indian european football fans follow these leagues only. they are large in number compared to pure indian dedicated football fans in ifn. to make them know about indian football this is the only option...<br>but i don't want him to warm the bench there though..its negative publicity....<br>here is one scenario...a 21 yr old indian 'X' somehow goes into epl club 'Y'...huge publicity of that club in india , more indian news channel will cover it...if he scores once in three games ...our glory hunter fans will take him in fantasy league...when next intl match comes they will be keen to know the results of NT...watch that game...discuss more about indian football...thinking about realistic target of reaching the wc in 2022/2026...<br>well cameroon , nigeria , ivory coast don't have proper league and clubs are poor...but they are in wc..so why can't we???</div>

<br><br>We need collective success not individual,look at Jordan NT they dont have any Europe based stars but they bring teams like Japan and Australia to shame.Having our players go to Europe and train with youngsters will give them some Experience but that is no way helpful to NT or benefit Indian NT in long run.<br><br>We need create a good system for youngsters build a team out of our Domestic Factory,perform and qualify for major tournaments then Im sure naturally foreign clubs will sign them on their ability not marketability.<br>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    I would prefer Uttam Rai to help India U-19 make it to AFC U-19 Championship first.<br>

<br><div>you have mentioned it realistic target..<br>on the other hand the indian football needs a new superstar. one who plays in EPL club, or one who plays for any club in UCL coz indian european football fans follow these leagues only. they are large in number compared to pure indian dedicated football fans in ifn. to make them know about indian football this is the only option...<br>but i don't want him to warm the bench there though..its negative publicity....<br>here is one scenario...a 21 yr old indian 'X' somehow goes into epl club 'Y'...huge publicity of that club in india , more indian news channel will cover it...if he scores once in three games ...our glory hunter fans will take him in fantasy league...when next intl match comes they will be keen to know the results of NT...watch that game...discuss more about indian football...thinking about realistic target of reaching the wc in 2022/2026...<br>well cameroon , nigeria , ivory coast don't have proper league and clubs are poor...but they are in wc..so why can't we???</div>

<br><br>We need collective success not individual,look at Jordan NT they dont have any Europe based stars but they bring teams like Japan and Australia to shame.Having our players go to Europe and train with youngsters will give them some Experience but that is no way helpful to NT or benefit Indian NT in long run.<br><br>We need create a good system for youngsters build a team out of our Domestic Factory,perform and qualify for major tournaments then Im sure naturally foreign clubs will sign them on their ability not marketability.<br>

<br><div>i agree with u as an ifn member...but we need a quick solution...consider euro/world cup fans in india who says suddenly without thinking...where is india in the world cup? why india is not playing in wc? does india has a football team?</div>
  • rudra wrote: »
    <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i><b>well cameroon , nigeria , ivory coast don't have proper league and clubs are poor...but they are in wc..so why can't we???</b></i></span><div style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Football culture?</span></div>

The Acadamies are actually really good in Nigeria and Ivory Coast etc. Euro countries scout mainly there and thus the African gets good training at a young age.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    and also they are physically better than Indians..we can only match them by technique..but u know our youth development... :-((
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Look at all these players listed here from Africa (the top, top ones like Drogba etc):</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Footballer_of_the_Year</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Almost none of them have ever actually played at the senior level in their domestic country. None in the Nigerian Premier League, Gio Premier League, etc. All of them were selected at a young age and brought to Europe to train.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also look at this: http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-top-20/</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This is not the official list but there are many recognizable names here who are mixed with unrecognizable and out of the 20 players here only 4 actually played in there </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"> domestic </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">t</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">op-tier league.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">That is why I have more faith in Uttam Rai and Brandon Fernandes. Guys getting trained in amazing youth academies which have a history of producing. They will probably be the first ones to make a name abroad before any I-League player (other than Sunil Chhetri).</span></div>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    So how many players do we have have who are playing in Foreign academies since long and are linked with Indian Team of different age groups?<br><br>Uttam,Brandon,Myron,Klins who else?<br>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    So,How many players do we have who are playing in foreign academies for some time?<br><br>Uttam,Brandon,Klins,Myron and who else??<br>
  • lithinthomaslithinthomas 237 Points
    can we see these players at IMG league?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They are way to young and probably to good in terms of potential.

IMG League should be for average Indians and older foreigners.