Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29661 Points
    Yes, I too knew that the token system was a relic of the past and had been the case of numerous controversies, including the "infamous" case of Abinash Ruidas in 2017 to which I guess you are alluding. So, I was quite surprised that almost all Bengali dailies reported the case of Joby Justin's token being handed over to EB, knowing very well that it is outmoded. Hope that with Quess handling the football-related affairs at the club, the deals will be done professionally and the club is not forced to face any more embarrassment.

An AFC report about the state of affairs of Indian football in 2017 had suggested doing away with this archaic system and called for streamlining the process of player registration

4. Streamlining player registration:

"Without expressly making a reference to it, the Report probably had the case of the player Abinash Ruidas in              mind when it suggested that the AIFF ought to establish a uniform player registration and transfer system across the board.

..... the fascinating case of Ruidas involved a contractual dispute between a young player and his club, Kingfisher East Bengal (“KEB”), who allegedly forged his signature to assert the player’s contractual obligations towards the club. In addition, KEB relied on an archaic ‘token system’ to prove that they rightfully held the registration of the player.

Pursuant to the statutes of the West Bengal football association (a state association, subordinate to the AIFF), a physical token is considered to conclusive proof of a player’s registration with a club. So long as the club is in possession of the token, the player is contractually bound to play for that club. And while the AIFF, in Ruidas’ case declared the token system to be “outdated and of no value”, the Report seems to have identified this bizarre discrepancy between the systems, which ought to be streamlined."

http://sportslaw.in/home/2018/10/01/the-need-to-re-structure-indian-football/

Samyajit
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Btw, a #KBC question- What is EB now? a) Quess EB; b) EB President's XI; c)EB ?

Pls note: this has no relevance with Bagan's current status ;)
    munna219777spartadeepu
    As far as I know, KBC contains 4 options for each question
    deepu
    Ok...take the 4th option - d) ATK-EB

:p 

Is question me koi life line wala chakkar hai kya? ;)

Coming from a member who is fan of a club which desperately needs it! B)
    Take 50-50 option!

Goenka getting 50% stake of Bagan and 50% EB! ;)
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited March 2019
    It was bit shocking store see Quess going against officials &  fans,  to not play in super cup and decide isl only if it is financially feasible.   They were brought in and given 70% stake exactly for that. Now that they have rebelled,  not sure if reliance,  sunder raman and kushal Das will be happy to have them in..  They chased out powerful troublemakers like salgaocar out of Fcgoa . Afc may not intervene if it is bcoz of disciplinary action.. 

goalkeepar
    Quess never went against the fans. 90% of the fans have thrown their weight in favour of Quess
  • munna219777munna219777 28510 Points

Quess is not any private company of Issac, I dont know why you guys are making Kerala or Bengal connection.
    President of Quess is a Marwari who was Reliance employee.

Quess shares are held by Canadian Indian Prem Watsa who runs Fairfax Holdings.

In short, these people are just Financial Investment companies. They buy shares of various companies and sell them.

All those offices or employees are not of Quess-just the companies whose shares they have purchased. In not so distant future, those offices will have another owner.  Such equity or investment firms run all show from a small office.

They must be having financial reasons behind how to run East Bengal as an investment !!!
    Deb_BanthebeautifulgamegoalkeeparCarbon_14Soccerlover
    edited March 2019
    @munna219777: Where have I made the "Kerala or Bengali connection" of Quess?

@goalkeepar started the comparison when he stated "Quess (keralites) have more brains then thinking for them self EB fans(we all know we're they come from". As I have said, this is factually wrong (as you have yourself stated) and is racist/regionalist. Such comments, I believe, should not have any place in IFN. I mentioned Isaac's being born in Kerala and being brought up in Chennai only to controvert his point that Quess has no Kerala connections or that Quess is any way connected to Keralites, only its CEO is a Keralite. Again this only supports your contention that Quess has no Kerala connections.

About Bengal/Bengalis, I guess you are talking about the second part of my post. That is in no way related to Quess but to the insinuations of @goalkeepar (EB fans--we all know where they come from). If I am not wrong, he meant to say that EB fans are Bangladeshis/Bangals/Bengalis-- a common enough charge levelled against EB fans. In order to disabuse him, I had mentioned about people of Bangladeshi lineage but Indian nationality being original supporters of EB and the now pan-Indian support for the club. Of course, the majority are Bengali supporters. You will surely agree that people from any state, whether Bengal or Kerala or any other, have equal intelligence and any implication to the contrary is an insult to the democratic nature of our country. 

So yes, I have spoken about Kerala and Bengal but I have nowhere made the Kerala or Bengali connection of Quess or stated that Quess is the private company of Issac. Your other points I readily concede. 

Cheers!!
    munna219777Sanjeev BiswasSamyajit