Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    edited March 2019
    @munna219777: I guess @sam means to say that if Quess doesn't want to play in the Super Cup.

Regarding this formation of the formation of a EB President's XI, some points are in order:

It is true that Quess could have handled this issue in a better, more mature way. Having said that, this floating of this utterly moronic idea of a EB president's XI is the height of idiocy and Machiavellism. These guys--the so-called legacy club officials have become irrelevant in the new QEB setup and are trying every trick in the book--with some help from AIFF/FSDL and some media houses maybe--to assert their position in the club. That they are trying to bring back Alvito, the "super-parasite", as reported in certain newspapers, shows to what level these officials can stoop to retain their power. Remember it was because of Alvito and Nitu that EB were handed the transfer ban and their chances of winning the I-league were seriously jeopardized last season. 

https://twitter.com/qebna?lang=en

As the above point shared by an EB fan site shows, the name of any team participating on behalf of East Bengal has to be "Quess East Bengal FC." Participating under any other name might amount to a breach of contract and might bring serious legal repercussions to those who violate it.

We had said that recent events--clubs withdrawing from Super Cup, the mismanagement of AIFF--has turned Indian football into a daily drama. Now with such activities at East Bengal (and Mohun Bagan too) the drama is slowly degenerating into a farce.

However, I do believe that all is not bleak. In times of transition, such crises are bound to happen. Every dark age is followed by a Renaissance. The reactions of the fans provides us with hope and optimism. EB fans have more or less unanimously pledged their support to Quess. Not only so, MB fans too have said that they hoped that Quess stays on as an investor...they have seen the positives in Maidan culture brought about by Quess and the Quess-East Bengal partnership is needed for the betterment of Kolkata football and Indian football at large.

As supporters of Indian football, we can only hope that we tide over these testing times and witness positive changes in the Indian football ecosystem!
    munna219777Samyajitdebarghya89sparta

https://twitter.com/qebna?lang=en

Ajit Isaac responds: (the report is from Xtratime)

"I am not the person to waste my time counter-commenting on the comments of the club officials. There is nothing to worry, everything will be all right. Though Kushal Das has commented on the letter of the East Bengal officials, this is nothing but a drama. They cannot play a team named "East Bengal Presidents XI" in the Super Cup. Just as no other team except the state team gets a chance to play in the Ranji Trophy, no other team except the I-league and ISL clubs can play in the Super Cup."

Mocking the club officials, Ajit Isaac said, "Two persons cannot sell the Taj Mahal by sitting on the streets of Agra. They can only discuss. Is it possible for someone apart from the owner to sell his own properly? Therefore, no one other than Quess East Bengal has the right to play in the Super cup."
    Samyajitmunna219777Carbon_14goalkeeparsparta
  • the way things are going between ISSAC and EB official , I wont be surprised if QUESS back out and terminate contract 
    Quess or not, one thing is for sure--a major clean-up of the system in Kolkata football is the need of the hour, particularly in the Big Two

Some of the EB officials have the temerity to teach Quess the "legacy" of East Bengal...a few of them have gone on record saying that the foreigners chosen by Quess have not been "extra-ordinary"

These are the same officials who, by siphoning off truckloads of cut money, have recruited some of the worst signings in recent times. Do they mean to say that the likes of Milan Susak, Orok Orok, James Moga, Barisic, Adileja have been extraordinary? The likes of Ranti Martins, Dudu, Chidi etc. were all signed when they were past their prime and anyway, they were recruits of clubs from other states. Only occasionally have they been stumbled across a few talented players like Do Dong, Tolgay and Uga Okpara. And Quess has had only one season (technically not even that) to hire foreign players.
    So Bruno Fornaroli to join Perth Glory
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-glory/perth-glory-set-to-unveil-star-striker-bruno-fornaroli-as-recruit-for-next-season-ng-b881140647z

Any idea who the new foreign signing for the Super Cup will be (assuming that Enrique won't be returning, though there is no official confirmation of that)? Any info about the new foreigners and Indians for the new season ?
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    First we need to know number of teams in top league and which league is the top league. Then only the teams can start preparing for next season
    deepu
    The board meeting of QUESS East Bengal would be held on March 28 at Bangalore. Kalyan Majumdar, Nitu Sarkar and other officials would be present in the meeting with Ajit Isaac
  • https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/subhash-bhowmick-east-bengal-super-cup-2019/o6q4h8skrawy1dt99v0wi1aah

Subhash Bhowmick rebukes Quess - 'East Bengal will play Super Cup

The former technical director of the club criticised the investors for running the show at East Bengal without consulting the officials...Former East Bengal technical director and ex-player Subhash Bhowmick showed his support for the East Bengal club officials in the ongoing tiff between the club and their investors Quess Corp.

Bhowmick took a dig at Quess and suggested that an investor’s job is to invest money and depend on the officials who have been running the club for ages now.

He said, “An investor is supposed to invest money, they are not supposed to run the club. Owners or investors across the world do not get involved in the day to day affairs of the club. They invest money and earn profit. East Bengal is a hundred years old club. Legendary officials have run this club in the past.”

There has been a difference of opinion between the club and their investors regarding the team's participation in the Super Cup 2019. While the officials want to take part in the competition, Quess, who runs the footballing activities of the club, has decided to join the union of I-League clubs and boycott the competition citing unfair treatment by the AIFF.

But Bhowmick was of the opinion that taking into consideration East Bengal’s legacy, they must not walk out of any tournament. He said, “If a club like East Bengal have already committed to play a competition then there is no question of backing out. East Bengal will play the Super Cup.

“If someone does not understand what is his job then I cannot say anything. If someone thinks that just because they are giving money they can do anything, it does not work like that. Whatever decision the executive committee has taken will be final according to rules.”

The legendary former player also criticised Quess and compared them to former sponsors Kingfisher owner Vijay Mallya’s passion for the game. He also bashed the Quess for not consulting the officials for any of the football activities.

“I have seen Vijay Mallya. He has done a lot for the club. All the development which we can see in the East Bengal club is because of him. I had asked him once why spends so much money on the two Kolkata clubs. He told me he did it out of the passion for the game, said Bhowmick.

He further stated, “The way the investors are behaving with the club officials is in bad taste. You have done a tie-up with a club but that does not mean you can rule.”

Subhash Bhowmick also refused to praise his successor at the club, Spanish coach Alejandro Menendez Garcia, as he failed to deliver the I-League title.

After the Calcutta Football League (CFL), where Bhowmick was in charge of the club, Alejandro took charge as the head coach.

The veteran coach said, “I do not judge any coach. I have seen many good coaches in East Bengal. Trevor James Morgan was a very good coach according to me. At the end of the day, East Bengal did not win the I-League. So what is the point of being a high profile coach.”
  • samsam 16428 Points
    An investor is supposed to invest money, they are not supposed to run the club."

Why does not he invest then? Zero practical knowledge of how financially these days football are run 
    thebeautifulgame[Deleted User]ashindiagoalkeeparCarbon_14reddevil87