Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• So Sunil Chhteri, who has never topped scoring charts in I-League or even crossed the 12 goals mark in I-League, suddenly thinks he is too good for I-League? On what basis does he think "I should be in Europe" ? Is it because he notched up dozens of goals in USA? Please don't tell me it's because of his goals against SAFF teams.

Some people have big egos. Basically Chhetri went through what I call "The media effect" or as it is better know... "The English media effect".

Basically every newspaper in India has been going gaga over Chhetri ever sense he went to the USA and more specifically played against Manchester United. Also I think after his 7 goals in 7 games last season plus the media he started believing that he was to good.

Anyway I dont really blame him. Who would not want to try out Europe. If Ankit Sharma or Varin Mehta can do it then why not Sunil. Of course though I am disappointed at how he is doing right now. Even if he wants to go to Europe he should still give his all in his last season in India.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Truth to be told, some of the big clubs interested in Sunil was because they wanted to have an Indian in roster and Sunil was considered as a poster boy and the best player...but if his performance goes down, the clubs will just be interested in someone else.... Let's face it, he was in MLS, not coz of his talent alone, good player no doubt but he had the advantage of being Indian... I like Jeje in this regard, he also have some media hype but till now his feet seems firmly on the ground
  • this attitude was not expected from Indian Captain, but still he deserves to be in A leagu, J league.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    let him work it,he is aiming too high
  • rudra wrote:
    Truth to be told, some of the big clubs interested in Sunil was because they wanted to have an Indian in roster and Sunil was considered as a poster boy and the best player...but if his performance goes down, the clubs will just be interested in someone else.... Let's face it, he was in MLS, not coz of his talent alone, good player no doubt but he had the advantage of being Indian... I like Jeje in this regard, he also have some media hype but till now his feet seems firmly on the ground

+1. It was more of a failed marketing attempt by Kansas City which has a good Indian population. In the end they tried to market him against Man U but no one cared so they shipped him out. You would think he would learn from that.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited March 2012
    MB has show-caused Bernard Oparanozie, their manager, for Sunil Chhetri leaving for Dubai. WTH is happening?
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    recently sunil chetri got an offer from top indonesian club but they are offering less so it is unlikely that he will go there right now he is gettin 90 lakh from current club and his agent ask for 30% hike means 1.2 crore to retain him lets see whats happen..........
  • preetam wrote: »
    recently sunil chetri got an offer from top indonesian club but they are offering less so it is unlikely that he will go there right now he is gettin 90 lakh from current club and his agent ask for 30% hike means 1.2 crore to retain him lets see whats happen..........

<br><div><br></div><div>If Chhetri signs for Bagan he is an idiot!</div>
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    i am not a big fan of sunil....but he is DEFINITELY good enough to play in higher leagues such as the ones in the MIDDLE EAST.... btw any1 knows the name of his agent?<br>
  • i am not a big fan of sunil....but he is DEFINITELY good enough to play in higher leagues such as the ones in the MIDDLE EAST.... btw any1 knows the name of his agent?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>According to transfer market it is "Match World Ltd"</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/match-world-ltd/details/berater_2051.html</span></div>;