Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• kali007kali007 0 Points

That car is worth over 150K us dollar in America, maybe close to 200K. In India and its import tax on foreign luxury cars you are talking about 1.5 crore+, Just advertise that you will get a lot of kids playing, knowing that footballers in India are making bank. 

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> kali007 said:
    > That car is worth over 150K us dollar in America, maybe close to 200K. In India and its import tax on foreign luxury cars you are talking about 1.5 crore+, Just advertise that you will get a lot of kids playing, knowing that footballers in India are making bank. 

It also shows how badly our footballers are overpaid,Im not saying Chettri should not enjoy all this stuff and all but clubs have invest the same amount in Youth Academies too.

• > ashindia said:
    > > kali007 said:
    > > That car is worth over 150K us dollar in America, maybe close to 200K. In India and its import tax on foreign luxury cars you are talking about 1.5 crore+, Just advertise that you will get a lot of kids playing, knowing that footballers in India are making bank. 
    >
    >

It also shows how badly our footballers are overpaid,Im not saying Chettri should not enjoy all this stuff and all but clubs have invest the same amount in Youth Academies too.

Youth Academies? Please, enlighten us on this type of institution.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> ashindia said:
    >

i kinda agreed with most his statements

like not everyone is lucky like him,
    if playing for university becomes a big platform it is good for the game
    and cricket got nothing to do with development of other sports (see the rise of fame in hockey with 2 successful national league- WSH and HIL)
  • What I am trying to wonder is why everything in India now must be based on IPL. Why not trying implementing IPL but also modify it to fit the sport and also take some ideas from tournaments like it.

For example, this IPL-League. Why copy a cricket league for football. Why not just copy the concept but also modify it into an MLS direction... to fit the Indian sports way. Not IPL all the way.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > What I am trying to wonder is why everything in India now must be based on IPL. Why not trying implementing IPL but also modify it to fit the sport and also take some ideas from tournaments like it.

For example, this IPL-League. Why copy a cricket league for football. Why not just copy the concept but also modify it into an MLS direction... to fit the Indian sports way. Not IPL all the way.

because not all got the guts to try anything different... and they got the mentality that as this model got success in two sports it would be success in other sports too
  • Well I have no doubt that this can be successful for football but long-term I dont see this as a solution. Football is meant to be played over a long-period of time, not in a short 1-2 month period and doing I-League and then IPL-League wont work.

You guys know the Indian football fan. They will watch IPL-League with enjoyment but then only a few will care for I-League because the quality would drop immensely.

Also I would hope that the officials remember what the inspirations for the IPL model were... the NFL and the Premier League. Both long seasoned leagues and very successful... more than IPL.

> Arsenalkid700 said:

You guys know the Indian football fan. They will watch IPL-League with enjoyment but then only a few will care for I-League because the quality would drop immensely.

it is the case in cricket too... people follow IPL but dont follow other domestic tournaments in cricket like ranji trophy and also there is a T20 tournament too for states...

the basic reason for success of such leagues had been the involvement of glamour to the sport which otherwise lacked in india