Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    It will be on his Wikipedia page.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    There was discussion about Chhetri foreign stints in another thread 

If you go through this thread you'll know a lot about him specially when he was 25-27 

He kinda overrated himself or somebody gave him very bad advices because he was always linked with teams where he will never play Racing Santender,Rangers,Benfica or Sporting

And I agree with @ArsenalFan700 and @gaffertape views on his move

Baichung was more matured he rather went to a third tier side where he could have played every week and develop than going for such moves sadly injuries weren't kind and he never really did well at other times 

Gurpreet learned from SC's mistake and went to a smaller league yet failed to make it big 
    Didn't get opportunities and failed to perform in those starts he got

SC should have tested himself at places were he could actually make it
    Carbon_14ashindia
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Incidentally gurupreet took advice from sc when he got offer from Norway and sc told him to seize the chance even if he doesn't get playing chance every week

in his recent interview (I guess Mother's Day) sc told that he would have stayed in benfica if he would have been younger. But he was 27 when he was in Portugal, so he had to come back after 1 year

Rav92
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/chhetri-plans-wedding-according-to-isl-schedule/articleshow/61556674.cms

Planning an extravagant wedding is a tiresome task in itself. Well, if you are the skipper of the national side and have to juggle the mega-event between league matches then the task gets even more complicated.

Sunil Chhetri, who's used to dribbling past defenders with relative ease, had to juggle with the tournament schedule to plan his wedding ceremonies suitably. India's all-time leading goalscorer, who's set to turn out for Indian Super League (ISL) new entrants Bengaluru FC in the upcoming season, will tie the knot with his long-time girlfriend Sonam Bhattacharya on December 4. Sonam is the daughter of Subrata Bhattacharya, one of the finest footballers the country has ever produced. He played for Mohun Bagan for 17 seasons and also captained the team.

Being the poster boy of Indian football, Chhetri's wedding is set to be a lavish affair with the who's who of football fraternity expected to attend. And the most fascinating part - thanks to the ISL - it's spread over a month! The fourth edition of ISL begins on November 17 and Bengaluru host Mumbai City FC in their first game on Nov 19.

They have a gap of seven days for the next game in which they host Delhi Dynamos. And fully utilizing the break, Chhetri will have his Sangeet ceremony in Gurgaon the next day. The wedding ceremony will be held on December 4 in Kolkata, that's between Bengaluru's away games against FC Goa (Nov 30) and NorthEast United (December 8). It's also a rest day for the tournament and perhaps the reason why it's being held on that day.

The big reception will be held on December 24 in Chhetri's 'adopted' city - Bengaluru. And mind you, it's being held at a five-star hotel that can host 1,200 people.

Chhetri will be in Bengaluru after his team's away match against Pune City (Dec 14). The team play two home matches before the big reception -Chennaiyin FC on Dec 17 and Jamshedpur FC on December 21. The talismanic playmaker will have six days before Bengaluru's next match, against Kerala Blasters on Dec 31.

After missing the first season of the tournament, Chhetri turned out for Mumbai in the next two seasons, scoring seven goals in 11 games, including a hat-trick. It's ironic that Bengaluru play the first game against Mumbai, but Chhetri said that he doesn't think too much about it.

"I never take these things with me on the pitch. That being said, Mumbai will have a special place in my heart. Everyone has been really nice to me - the owners, the fans and the city. It's ironic that my first game with Bengaluru will be against Mumbai, but football keeps giving you such moments and I'll be focusing on the job at hand for Bengaluru FC at our fortress," he said.
    munna219777Ronny
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited November 2017
    Such a big article promoting ISL schedule but still unclear about dates of his marriage. When is sangeet? All in different cities? 
    RonnyCarbon_14Deb_Banashindiaindian_gooner
  • Seems to be destinations wedding
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Sangeet in Delhi, After 10 days Marriage in Kolkata and After 10 days Reception in Bengaluru. 
    munna219777spartaashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited November 2017
    One will have to sit with a Calculator, Calendar, ISL schedule and a Map of India.

sangeet -  ???? Gurgaon
    Marriage - 4 Nov Kolkata
    Reception 24 Nov Bengaluru

Deb_Banashindiajitug1979
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Pan-Indian marriage :)
    munna219777karenesudhakar2050deepu
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    expensive weeding for traveling guest's.
    munna219777