I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Nicky Butt, if costly (very likely) would be a poor buy...just because he is Man Utd. guy doesn't mean anything here...37 yr old, played mostly in cold conditions, position is defensive midfield....did nothing significant for a while...hope MB doesn't waste money here
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    In that respect I would say EB guys r smarter in going for the Nigerian PL striker
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    This Nicky Butt news is all rubbish anyways
  • somesh wrote:
    It looks like the Nicky Butt news is true. But I was wondering, will he be a good buy? He will cost at least 4 crores to Mohun Bagan as he would demand more than Odafa is getting payed given his profile. Also he is ageing and had been contemplating retirement for 2 years now.

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>True but 37 years old for a player like Butt is like 29 years old to an I-League player. He is also worth the money. I just hope that if he does come that Bagan market him as a player who also played for United and City who is now playing in I-League. Huge popularity boost!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:
    It looks like the Nicky Butt news is true. But I was wondering, will he be a good buy? He will cost at least 4 crores to Mohun Bagan as he would demand more than Odafa is getting payed given his profile. Also he is ageing and had been contemplating retirement for 2 years now.

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>True but 37 years old for a player like Butt is like 29 years old to an I-League player. He is also worth the money. I just hope that if he does come that Bagan market him as a player who also played for United and City who is now playing in I-League. Huge popularity boost!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Won't increase popularity in Bengal... MB fans will be MB fans even if they sign some shitty guy, and EB fans will be EB fans even if MB brings Messi....not many neutral guys around...</div><div>Plus will MB use that much money for a defensive midfielder? Mohun Bagan officials prefer to spend on attack force (not that I agree to that philosophy)</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Yeah but why shud Bagan make d sacrifice to boost I-laeague? Its not the time yet for icon-players. Budget and infra r serious constraints
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited May 2012
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">I meant to the casual fan. If you market Butt even a little and say former Man U and England regular then the casual fan will be more inclined to come to the Salt Lake just to see that one player. Of course I dont expect 60,000 a game for Bagan because of Butt but a little increase in attendance per match. So it does help Bagan in a way of finances and ticket growth.</span></div><div><br></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    So many rumors flying around..but how many clubs would truly understand their strengthen weaknesses and bench strength...It is however ludicrous to see the amount of fees being paid to players, maybe prayag have started this by offering high salaries but is this the path our clubs want to go..is the salaries really indicative of the players talent?..this may come back to bite indian football in the near future.on the one hand clubs says no revenue , difficult to operate and the seson ending pay the heavens for a mediocre player.<br><br>Well Dempo seems to have tied down their most valuable players, and EB have done well to continuing with coach Trevor..MB as usual fell splashing money just on players will win them the league.. Salgaocar also seem to have made a few very cost effective signings...CB management at present seems to have been sensible and allowed teh coach to build the team.<br><br>  It will be intresting to see what strategy USFC perform in the I-league 2012-13..considering they have taken a very balanced view on signing players,<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    silicon3 wrote:
    So many rumors flying around..but how many clubs would truly understand their strengthen weaknesses and bench strength...It is however ludicrous to see the amount of fees being paid to players, maybe prayag have started this by offering high salaries but is this the path our clubs want to go..is the salaries really indicative of the players talent?..this may come back to bite indian football in the near future.on the one hand clubs says no revenue , difficult to operate and the seson ending pay the heavens for a mediocre player.<br><br>Well Dempo seems to have tied down their most valuable players, and EB have done well to continuing with coach Trevor..MB as usual fell splashing money just on players will win them the league.. Salgaocar also seem to have made a few very cost effective signings...CB management at present seems to have been sensible and allowed teh coach to build the team.<br><br>  It will be intresting to see what strategy USFC perform in the I-league 2012-13..considering they have taken a very balanced view on signing players,<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Salgaocar signing HAL's Hamza, what can be more funny!!!</div><div><br></div><div>USFC - What strategy? To go to different cities and take trials?</div><div><br></div><div>Dempo/Pune FC look the best now...East Bengal also, but they are losing a few players, need correct replacements..</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    MB is only team which never settled bring lot players release lot players they need to give some time for their players n coach 

<br><div><br></div><div>its true...but MB is not the only club!!!! In the elite list is Churchil too :)</div>