I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    No my facts were about money and all...doesn't mean I agree to it..I am just trying to give player's maturity....<div><br></div><div>India will soon shift to 5 midfield system with a striker upfront..that doesn't have to be Sunil, he can be CAM...Just because Sunil has to be a striker, a club can't change there strategy...also I dont see sunil displacing any foreign strikers of big clubs (big clubs mean who pay big). </div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, I am not any player's father to talk about them....</div><div><br></div><div>continue</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    No my facts were about money and all...doesn't mean I agree to it..I am just trying to give player's maturity....</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">India will soon shift to 5 midfield system with a striker upfront..that doesn't have to be Sunil, he can be CAM...Just because Sunil has to be a striker, a club can't change there strategy...also I dont see sunil displacing any foreign strikers of big clubs (big clubs mean who pay big). </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Anyway, I am not any player's father to talk about them....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">continue</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Dont know if that "continue" was meant for me to continue this conversation. I will take it as such...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Even with 5 midfielders I dont see Sunil displacing any Indian to that place. Like you said a week or two ago (or maybe someone else, not sure), Sunil only really did well twice as a midfielder last season in the 5-6 matches he played in that position. The club should not change there strategy to include Sunil as a striker, it is there decision but if Sunil is not in there plans as a striker, the position he is best at, then move him on. He is an icon to some Indian kids and when they think of Indian football they think of only Baichung and Sunil and a little of Subrata. How would they feel when Sunil is on the bench or is not doing the best he can in midfield. Also for all we know Pune may have offered Sunil a contract. I doubt they did Manandeep because he was snapped up long ago by Bengal and Sabeeth does not look to be the one who would go to Pune or Sikkim. Maybe Goa but cant see him there.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also what will happen when the eventual salary cap becomes enforced. I know it is not guaranteed but right now that is what we think will happen. MB, EB and PU will have one hell of a summer just trying to get within the cap by releasing all the players they can and the players they released will be the ones who got huge contracts at those clubs, so then they will go to other clubs seeking that money but they wont give it to him and then who knows what he would do.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ok give Sunil a club, no issues from my side
  • rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Lets see. Dempo are looking for a striker. Maybe what Sunil needs is to play under a coach he played for right before he went to Kansas City. Maybe Dempo can work a 4-4-2 with Joaquim going to more of a winger/striker. Have a foreigner join Sunil up top. </div><div><br></div><div>Or you can have him at Salgaocar. They just got rid of both foreign strikers and they did say they wont spend a lot but for Sunil they might shell out.</div><div><br></div><div>Then you have Lajong, they have that partnership with that UAE club who might be willing to spend on a player as popular as Sunil. Of course I dont know about this.</div><div><br></div><div>Then the rest I already went over in previous posts.</div>
  • rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Anyway I got to go now, homework... good conversation Rudra :)</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    <br><div><br></div><div>Interesting conversation guys , but as someone who has seen a fair few I-League games over the past few years , I'll throw my opinions in too :</div><div><br></div><div>Arsenalfan has very utopian views, BUT for someone that hasn't been to any of the games in India , has a pretty good idea on the state of the I-League, and some great suggestions for the improvements that can be made.</div><div> However , your assessment of players is often way off track & the players like Manandeep are currently like a while host of Indian strikers , starting from Sushil K Singh, Subhas Singh , Mohammed Rafi, Anil Kumer , Jeje , Sabeeth etc.</div><div>They all have shown a tremendous amount of potential in their breakout season ( to borrow your expression ) , however , when one watch their game , they have glaring deficiencies , which is why clubs will often choose to start with a foreigner striker instead of any one of them</div><div>They would be better off at a smaller club where they will get the same chances they did in their breakout year , but the disparity in wages , and the fact that clubs like USFC, Air India , SLFC , SCdeGoa etc , will NOT pay you or on time, especially if you don't give them the 8-10 goals they were expecting from you.</div><div><br></div><div>So why wouldn't a player take the 80% advance payment that the 'kind' gentleman at MB, EB or Churchill offer you when you sign a 2 year deal. Even if you sit on the bench for 2 years, you have managed to buy a house, invest in some property & possibly finance some family member ( marriage , college etc.)</div><div><br></div><div>Having seen Rudra at a few games in Bangalore this season & reading to his comments, he has a much more objective take on the players he has watched over the years.    </div><div><br></div><div>We will not get a level playing field in India in terms of salary caps, and even if we did , teams would bypass it like how Mumbai Indians & Royal Challengers are doing so in the IPL.</div><div>Indian football is currently so corrupt, and it will take a lot more than the proposed changes for the I-League in 2014 to change this.</div><div><br></div><div>Until then , we will continue to have this chaos over the transfer season each year. </div><div>Hopefully the next season will have more games televised, and this way we can all make better informed decisions on players, and not base it on the 2-3 game that we watched of them this season.</div>
  • Very nice gaffer. I agree. You guys after all do watch them much more than me. 
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    If Sunil is reatined in Mb (which is most likely now) he will be paid a hefty amount.He showed tremendous maturity as CAM and he will continue to do so in next season and no question of putting him in bench.I think he has a great potential to play as an attacking medio and score goals regularly.He can play in same role for Indian NT where we are lacking a quality CAM.<br>
  • dip_anj wrote: »
    If Sunil is reatined in Mb (which is most likely now) he will be paid a hefty amount.He showed tremendous maturity as CAM and he will continue to do so in next season and no question of putting him in bench.I think he has a great potential to play as an attacking medio and score goals regularly.He can play in same role for Indian NT where we are lacking a quality CAM.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Who would play striker.</div><div><br></div><div>Jeje is an obvious choice (maybe not now after injury) but then its between Sabeeth and Manandeep and I think Sabeeth would win but I am not keen on a Jeje-Sabeeth nor a Jeje-Manandeep. Nor any other partnership for that matter. I am still for Sunil to move a stay a striker. We do have options at midfield as for a year or two it will still be 4-4-2 before the u22 guys are ready and by that time when we change and room in midfield for Sunil is open then he would be to old.</div>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Dipendu Biswas likely to sign for Mohun Bagan as he wants to play his last season in Bagan.Officials are also interested in giving him a farewell