I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > So possibilities include...

1) Salgaocar FC
    2) Mumbai FC
    3) Pailan Arrows

Hmm. He has more former teammates in Salgaocar. The only former teammate at Mumbai FC is James Singh. And the only former one at Pailan is Deepak Prakash.

very astute,, I'm impressed.
    Well I hope for Vinoth's sake it works out, he's a good kid and deserves a break
  • @kid ....why are speaking so much against andrew barisic??? do u know him in person?? have u seen him play from 10 meters away?? have u seen his combinations and off ball play with the teammates??? his attitude, off field behavior, influence, work rate etc....as head coach TJM will do all he can to sign a quality foreigner in the limited budget....and let him play and then talk against him....he is gonna be the 4th foreigner for EB... period

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2012/12/24/3626376/we-lost-probably-because-i-picked-the-wrong-team-east

• > gaffertape said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > So possibilities include...

1) Salgaocar FC
    2) Mumbai FC
    3) Pailan Arrows

Hmm. He has more former teammates in Salgaocar. The only former teammate at Mumbai FC is James Singh. And the only former one at Pailan is Deepak Prakash.

>
    >

very astute,, I'm impressed.
    Well I hope for Vinoth's sake it works out, he's a good kid and deserves a break

Agree. My only concern though is that all 3 teams may not be good for him. Pailan, at least to me, has way to big of a squad already. In my opinion Pailan needs to get rid of a few players. Salgaocar obviously wont play him at all instead of Goa League matches which I believe Kumar is past. The only option is Mumbai FC then but lets look at them...

Mumbai already have 2 good foreign forwards in Yusif Yakubu and David Opara and they also have 2 other good Indian forwards in Abhishek (bench forward) and Gabriel Fernandes. They also have a rising talent themselves in Jayesh Rane (Rane was the top scorer overall in the 2012 I-League U20). That is 5 forwards who Kumar needs to get past. I believe he can get past Rane and Abhishek but can he get past Yakubu, Opara, and Fernandes. Perhaps he can be a bench player and come on from time to time which I would be happy about but I am struggling somehow to see how he can play.

The reason I suggested United Sikkim and Sporting Goa is because of their lack of attack. USFC only has one good attacker in Salau. There top Indian scorers are a midfielder and defender. Tudu showed why East Bengal gave up on him. He has potential but is far from showing it and they dont have any other options in attack. Kumar could potentially have gone in there and learned from Baichung and improved. Sporting Goa is the same. Dawson Fernandes is in a bad run of form and Victorino Fernandes is a bench player now. Kumar could have been a good player to bring on from time to time. Anyway lets see how this pans out. Hoping it is for the best. Surprised no one went for him in the summer.

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > @kid ....why are speaking so much against andrew barisic??? do u know him in person?? have u seen him play from 10 meters away?? have u seen his combinations and off ball play with the teammates??? his attitude, off field behavior, influence, work rate etc....as head coach TJM will do all he can to sign a quality foreigner in the limited budget....and let him play and then talk against him....he is gonna be the 4th foreigner for EB... period

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2012/12/24/3626376/we-lost-probably-because-i-picked-the-wrong-team-east

I can't have an opinion? I have seen only videos of him and have seen profiles of him? His best time was at Gold Coast United a few seasons ago. Other than that he is the usual state league player who is in Indonesia as well. I think history can talk for itself about these types of players.

Also listen to what I say closely. I said that he should not be signed because EB have Chidi. If Chidi was not their then yes, sign Andrew. What I want East Bengal to do is to go back and sign a good forward. Over the summer they were linked to guys like Hassan Rabia, Van Djik of all players!!!

East Bengal need a good forward if they want to win the league and guys like Penn and Chidi wont do it.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

How about deco next season? His contract ends with Fluminense this season. He is 35 or 36 now Fluminense might not want him any more.

• > Joyptan said:
    > How about deco next season? His contract ends with Fluminense this season. He is 35 or 36 now Fluminense might not want him any more.

If you guys can do it then go for it but he is an attacking midfielder. That means that you cant sign Carlos Hernandez as East Bengal dont have that much for both and the other players as well. Also you guys need a forward. 

But ya, Deco would be a huge signing. Easily the best signing in Indian football history.
    edited December 2012

If eb or any indian club can sign him the who then hell carlos is.

• > Joyptan said:
    > If eb or any indian club can sign him the who then hell carlos is.

Carlos would be nothing (marketing wise) compared to Deco. However it is hard to say how effective on the field Deco would be because, despite being an amazing player during his Chelsea days, he may have regressed due to age. 

Arsenalkid700
    > Joyptan said:

> If eb or any indian club can sign him the who then hell carlos is.

Carlos would be nothing (marketing wise) compared to Deco. However it is hard to say how effective on the field Deco would be because, despite being an amazing player during his Chelsea days, he may have regressed due to age. 

He played few games for Fluminense this season. and carlos also isn't 100% fit.

• archakarchak 2082 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > If eb or any indian club can sign him the who then hell carlos is.
    >
    >

deco aint going to come since his wife wants to stay in brazil, plus brazilian first div way higher than i-league..... btw what happened to Mikael Silvestre??? no news about him completely off the radar