I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• > munna21977 said:
    > No star player will come in their prime youth to India. Beckham and Thierre Henry went at their retirement age to MLS. Raul has now come to Qatar. Cannavaro went to Dubai.

Exactly but at the same time dont overdue it with a 40 year old. Get guys who are aged around 33-37. At least they will last a few years. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited December 2012

You guys are living in a dream land if you think the likes of Juan Pablo Angel or Deco would even dream of setting foot on an Indian team.

These guys have earned a ton of money in their career & if they did choose to have one final hurrah, it certainly wouldn't be in a Country where the teams don't even have their own proper team bus, have to fly economy and pick up their own luggage. Thats before we even talk about staying at Hotels like Presidency or Dee Empressa etc in Kolkata or the wonderful Jyoti Plaza in Goa !!
    Thene there is the small matter of the food , and of course the wonderful dressing room & practice facilities offered by the clubs in India. Even Pune FC with their own practice ground , have no toilets or showers at the ground !! 

They can get the same money & infinitely better conditions in the Middle East or Far East, so I doubt they will come to India, BUT I do agree that I-League clubs must get over this obsession with non-international players from Nigeria , Ghana, etc and try to sign proper professional players.

P.S Arsenalkid700 , Vinoth Kumar was told by Salgaocar that they won't be signing him in January but want him to join them for next season.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@gaffertape. From your talk, it seems you are related in some way with Salgaocar at present.

Can you please request Booth to forget he's long ball tactics and let the team play as they were before.  They dont have the players to execute his style of play and that's why he says he has no quality players. He can try all the things next season but they must first survive this season. Thanks.

• > gaffertape said:
    > You guys are living in a dream land if you think the likes of Juan Pablo Angel or Deco would even dream of setting foot on an Indian team.
    >
    > These guys have earned a ton of money in their career & if they did choose to have one final hurrah, it certainly wouldn't be in a Country where the teams don't even have their own proper team bus, have to fly economy and pick up their own luggage. Thats before we even talk about staying at Hotels like Presidency or Dee Empressa etc in Kolkata or the wonderful Jyoti Plaza in Goa !!
    > Thene there is the small matter of the food , and of course the wonderful dressing room & practice facilities offered by the clubs in India. Even Pune FC with their own practice ground , have no toilets or showers at the ground !! 

They can get the same money & infinitely better conditions in the Middle East or Far East, so I doubt they will come to India, BUT I do agree that I-League clubs must get over this obsession with non-international players from Nigeria , Ghana, etc and try to sign proper professional players.

P.S > @Arsenalkid700 , Vinoth Kumar was told by Salgaocar that they won't be signing him in January but want him to join them for next season.

I understand all that but at the same if we can sign Carlos Hernandez or Rohan Ricketts (guys who are used to brilliant conditions you described) then there is a chance they will come to India. Of course Deco maybe is stretching it but a guy like Juan Pablo Angel already had his hurra ending in MLS. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

@Dominic , we have said it before and will say it agin , Coaches of the likes of Booth & Bulpin need to be shown the door from Indian football. They are doing the exact opposite of what Baan, Koevermans and O'Donnell discussed in the coaches seminar in July.

Carlos & Ricketts have both expressed their desire to leave I-League, the easy money they thought is turning out to be quite a pain in the butt for them.

Instea dof Clubs wanting to improve their facilities & try to attract better calibre foreign players, Indian clubs will instead opt to get 'good bargain' Africans

• > gaffertape said:
    > @Dominic , we have said it before and will say it agin , Coaches of the likes of Booth & Bulpin need to be shown the door from Indian football. They are doing the exact opposite of what Baan, Koevermans and O'Donnell discussed in the coaches seminar in July.
    >
    > Carlos & Ricketts have both expressed their desire to leave I-League, the easy money they thought is turning out to be quite a pain in the butt for them.
    >
    > Instea dof Clubs wanting to improve their facilities & try to attract better calibre foreign players, Indian clubs will instead opt to get 'good bargain' Africans

Well its stupid to be honest. I have seen players go to America, China, the middle east, Africa etc and most have done wonders yet here in India we could be about to see 2 failures. Why? Is it the players or the team themselves? What does MLS and leagues like MLS do when they get there big players? What does the I-League do? What did the A-League do when they managed to get Alessadro Pirlo, Emile Heskey, and Ono? Hernandez and Ricketts do brilliant when they are playing yet somehow things are pissing them off. It cant be living conditions as well, Ricketts showed us his place and we can already tell what house or apartment you can get in Kolkata while playing for Prayag United. 

So what is it? Why do we go after desperate Africans who dont have any intention of bringing Indian football to a higher point instead of going the extra mile? Why is that happening yet we are blaming the AIFF and IMG for all our problems? Are we, the I-League clubs, also the problem?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

Pirlo in A-League :O

• > archak said:
    > Pirlo in A-League :O

Actually its Piero not Pirlo.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > archak said:
    > > Pirlo in A-League :O
    >
    >

i know that

• > archak said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > archak said:
    > > > Pirlo in A-League :O
    > >
    > >

i know that

>
    >

Good, good. That was a test... AND YOU FAILED!