I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Aruncito wrote:
    Is it too much to hope any of our I-League players will be playing over seas somewhere ? Or did I miss someone is going abroad somewhere ?</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Probably a foreigner. Any Indian could be Jeje or Sunil to Rangers but that wont happen...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Rangers are in debt (Huge that they are in administration)</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) Sunil has been horrible this season</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) Jeje has been injured and wont do well in Scottish Football.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Aruncito wrote:
    Is it too much to hope any of our I-League players will be playing over seas somewhere ? Or did I miss someone is going abroad somewhere ?<br>

<br><div>Sunil Chhetri might go for Indonesian Super League team Persib Bandung</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    Aruncito wrote:
    Is it too much to hope any of our I-League players will be playing over seas somewhere ? Or did I miss someone is going abroad somewhere ?<br>

<br><div>Sunil Chhetri might go for Indonesian Super League team Persib Bandung</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>That is last month... not even. More like a month and a half ago.</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    Rangers have got 3 bidders I think. I am sure they will be back on track sooner. <br>Didnt Sunil ask for 1.25 cr to renew his contract ?<br>
  • arsenalfan wrote:
    <FONT size=2 face="Arial, Verdana">So based on rumors Pawan Kumar of Air India has signed for Salgaocar, Mohun Bagan and Pune FC (if rumors are to be believed)... seems legit.</FONT>
    <DIV><FONT size=2 face="Arial, Verdana"><BR></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=2 face="Arial, Verdana">Only in India can you play for 3 teams at the same time.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV> </DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P>MB signed Naveenkumar from pailan Arrows not Pawankumar<BR></P>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Aruncito wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Chances of I-league players playing abroad is slim (as good as nil) for next season atleast, may be if indian clubs do good at AFC cup or AFC Champions League (if given a chance) or NT ranking improves drastically ( by defeating high end teams in Nehru Cup), then there is a hope for some players to go abroad.</div><div><br></div><div>But speaking of Indian player (not PIO) playing abroad there is high chances of Brandon Fernandes to get contracts European clubs. Only glimse of hope in this matter. :(</div>
  • <P><STRONG>If we all wonder and ponder why Goa has been so successful in I league and Bengal hasn't......in nutshell in Bengal we have too many football pundits.....read the following abot Alan Gow....who was let go over Edmilson.....what a joke!!!!</STRONG></P>
    <DIV class=ecxcontentContainer>
    <P style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Walsall blew another golden chance to ease their relegation fears after a second-half collapse at Exeter.</P>
    <P>Alex Nicholls and Florent Cuvelier twice fired the Saddlers ahead but Manny Smith’s second-half red card at 2-1 changed the game.</P>
    <P>Alan Gow hit two after Smith walked before Liam Sercombe tapped in a fourth two minutes from time as Walsall slipped to a third straight defeat.</P>
    <P>Daniel Nardiello struck the Grecians’ first equaliser to hand second-bottom Exeter – who had to win to keep their survival hopes alive – a League One lifeline.</P>
    <P>Walsall were in control for long spells before Smith’s dismissal but defeat kept them three points above the drop zone – after Wycombe’s 2-1 defeat at champions Charlton – with two games left.</P>
    <P>Richard Taundry replaced the suspended Lee Beevers at right-back while Will Grigg returned to the bench after his four goal blast for the reserves in mid-week.</P>
    <P>George Bowerman missed out with a foot injury but Darryl Westlake made the bench.</P>
    <P>And after a subdued opening Walsall came within inches of taking the lead on 15 minutes after an amazing slice of misfortune.</P>
    <P>Nicholls received the ball 20-yards out and his shot was deflected past Lenny Pidgeley onto the keeper’s left hand post, across the line before hitting the other upright.</P>
    <P>It was a miraculous escape for the hosts as they struggled against the visitors’ robust defence.</P>
    <P>Emmanuel Ledesma fired over soon after and the Saddlers took the lead on 29 minutes with a goal of real quality.</P>
    <P>Ledesma fed Nicholls who played a one-two with Jon Macken to burst behind the Exeter defence and curl in from 10-yards.</P>
    <P>It settled the visitors and they almost doubled their lead on 39 minutes when Lenny Pidgeley produced a fine double save from Kevan Hurst and Mat Sadler.</P>
    <P>Walsall were the better side and should have doubled their lead two minutes after the break when Macken set up Ledesma but the Argentine volleyed over from 15-yards.</P>
    <P>And the Saddlers were left to rue the miss as the Grecians levelled two minutes later when Gow skinned Smith and when David Grof parried his shot Nardiello nodded in the rebound.</P>
    <P>It was the lifeline Exeter needed and Andy Butler cleared Nardiello’s header off the line as the Grecians pressed – before the Saddlers regained the lead on 55 minutes.</P>
    <P>Ledesma out-muscled Steve Tully on the Exeter right and burst into the box to find Cuvelier and the Belgian fired into the bottom corner from 16-yards.</P>
    <P>It was the perfect response after Exeter threatened to derail their survival bid but Walsall – and Smith – imploded on 65 minutes.</P>
    <P>The visitors were caught out by a ball over the top and when Smith clipped Nardiello 20-yards out he was dismissed after a second yellow card.</P>
    <P>Oliver Lancashire replaced Kevan Hurst and David Noble curled the resultant free kick just wide but the hosts levelled two minutes later.</P>
    <P>Gow was left unmarked on the edge of the box and his impudent chip from 16-yards bounced in off the post.</P>
    <P>Sercombe then hit the bar from 25-yards with the Saddlers rocked and Gow fired in the third with 14 minutes to go when he slid in off the post from eight yards.</P>
    <P>Grof tipped Nardiello’s effort wide before Sercombe scored the fourth in the 88th minute from Gow’s pass.</P></DIV>
    <P><BR> </P>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
     I-League rules state that a foreign player can only be replaced if his injury rules him out for the season.<div>now that East BEngal & Exeter have helped proved that this was "injury" was conjured up to help Gow move out & Edmilson return, surely some action should be taken against the club & the AIFF doctor who signed off on this.</div><div><br></div><div>Salgaocar did the same with Junior Obagbameiro and replaced him with Maxim, </div><div><br></div><div>AIFF should just change the rule & allow players to be replaced or transferred / traded.</div><div><br></div>
  • gaffertape wrote:
     I-League rules state that a foreign player can only be replaced if his injury rules him out for the season.<div>now that East BEngal & Exeter have helped proved that this was "injury" was conjured up to help Gow move out & Edmilson return, surely some action should be taken against the club & the AIFF doctor who signed off on this.</div><div><br></div><div>Salgaocar did the same with Junior Obagbameiro and replaced him with Maxim, </div><div><br></div><div>AIFF should just change the rule & allow players to be replaced or transferred / traded.</div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>It is stupid because it was the transfer window. Just let the club transfer the damn player. Although I still question why they got Edmilson. He is a legend at EB but not what they needed. </div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    At that point of time in the league, EB could not tek risk of tryin new foreigner. So they went for a tried n tested guy