I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font size="2" style="font-style: normal; font-size: 10pt; ">
    </font><i><span style="font-size: small; "> I know the ub Representative of MB; UB not stopping any payment and will fund not only for team also for the infra.</span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">May be next yr Mohun Bagan will be the first team to play in their home ground. And there will be no problem to get a sponsor for Mohun Bagan in Bengal; you will find 100s of them. Even if every supporter give 100 rs they can have more than10 cr budget.</font></i><span style="font-style: normal; font-size: small; ">
    </span><div style="font-style: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><font size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><font size="2">Yes that is true. In Bengal, the fans can contribute to run their clubs if it comes down to that. But that situation would not arrive. I also heard that MB are re-installing their flood light   before start of the next season and building underground dressing room, media house etc. to host their matches in home-ground. I have visited the pitch of the ground. Its the best grass pitch for football in India. I vouch for that</font><br></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    MB ground is far better than most of the indian grounds beside it is the best field in bengal. Problem is it not big it's a small ground but obviously better than old cooperage. If you fulham and chelsea grounds in epl and ucl then why not matches in mb ground..

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">MB Ground is far away from Craven Cottage and obviously Stamford Bridge.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Compare this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Craven_Cottage_Football_Ground_-_geograph.org.uk_-_778731.jpg</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">to this...</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mohun_bagan_ground.jpg</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway I am not counting out MB Ground 100%. If MB add floodlights and bucket seats all around the stadium then maybe it could be suitable for I-League. I would love MB matches at the MB Ground. 20,000 fans at a 22,000 capacity stadium is 100% better than 20,000 fans at 120,000 fans. MB should close down MB Ground for a year and do a full renovation. Make it a small modern-day 21st century stadium.</font></div>
    I had watched a few Kolkata League matches in MB grround. Its such an amazing thing. You can see the players right in front of you. You can egg them on. But its a nightmare for the players I guess when things go slightly wrong, the fans abuse heavily
  • <br>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    MB ground is far better than most of the indian grounds beside it is the best field in bengal. Problem is it not big it's a small ground but obviously better than old cooperage. If you fulham and chelsea grounds in epl and ucl then why not matches in mb ground..

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">MB Ground is far away from Craven Cottage and obviously Stamford Bridge.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Compare this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Craven_Cottage_Football_Ground_-_geograph.org.uk_-_778731.jpg</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">to this...</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mohun_bagan_ground.jpg</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway I am not counting out MB Ground 100%. If MB add floodlights and bucket seats all around the stadium then maybe it could be suitable for I-League. I would love MB matches at the MB Ground. 20,000 fans at a 22,000 capacity stadium is 100% better than 20,000 fans at 120,000 fans. MB should close down MB Ground for a year and do a full renovation. Make it a small modern-day 21st century stadium.</font></div>

<br><div>I am not comparing the grounds but i wanted to say if those ground are there in epl why not MB ground in ileague; 1 think i will be worried is security; which lacks in the MB ground. If police works well then it will be problem.</div>
    The entry/exit points in the MB ground should be concern. I had seen people sneaking in through some of the rickety gates. There needs to be a revamp of the stands too. I was scared throughout the match
  • sorry i wanted say if police works well then there will not be a problem; And also know the fan abusing things but if police stay strong this will not happen. And the ppl of india can see what a full stadium is and how it works, I doubt goan teams ability on those grounds. 
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2012
    Yes, MB ground is the best grass pitch in India but the dressing room for officials doesn't fulfill AFC criteria. A lot of infrastructure is going to be built, floodlights re-installed, folding bucket seats etc. over the break. All AFC criteria will fulfilled and the target is to get MB to play I league games at home coming season. MB recruiters need to get their act together, otherwise the amount of infrastructure that is going to be built will make MB par with international standards.<div><br></div><div>I have news from reliable sources that there has been a disruption in player salary payments and an explanation has been demanded from the officials as to why the club is trophy less for such an extended period of time. </div><div><br></div><div>Fully agree that if UB pulls out, there's no dearth of alternative revenue streams for a club like MB. KEB and Prayag has been very judicious with their recruiting this season. MB seems to have made infrastructure a priority and recruiting (especially defence) has taken a back seat.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • entry exit a problem but the place is excellent and watching there is a joy if all those smoking and drinking stopped. only hope for the best that oneday some i- league matches will be played there. Knowing these officials never interested in building a new stadium which should have been done in 70s.
  • I agree with somesh and projenator but as a fan of mb i only dream!! 1 thing i like about sikkim is their stadium; its beautiful and find why indian team never do the camps there even knowing afc challenge cup was in nepal<div><br></div>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    edited April 2012
    Safety issues are indeed a concern in MB ground.<div>A few years back Subhasish Roychowdhury was badly injured by some object thrown from the stands during an IFA Shield match between MB & Mahindra Utd</div>