Dallas Cup 2012

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    We are done. Maybe the batch that comes out of the FIFA-AFC Academy will do better.

Never realistic to think that this batch could do it. I bet you they played the IMG Academy American kids and got thrashed. Either way I wish them good luck for the next two games. COME ON INDIA U16!

it is just a 1-0 loss and it might be the reason of 1st match hiccup ...we still have time to get to next round

True but the Dynamo is an MLS Academy. I am betting a loss but just 3-1. Also I expect a tie the next game.

As for us in the AFC U16 Championship.

Most of the AFC teams also would not do well against teams in the Dallas Cup. I still think a quarter-finals appearance is possible in the AFC U16 Cup.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    we can hope for a draw against dynamos and win in next match which is a possibilty and even if we are not qualifying to next round would still be a good result and experience to take away from this tournament
  • shankar wrote:
    and even if we are not qualifying to next round would still be a good result and experience to take away from this tournament

absolutely
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Big heartbreak for me here... was so much hopeful...Looks like a very bad day (Arrows game in Bangalore cancelled, MB match draw inspite being good and now u16 also lost and I am actually watching Ra.One in TV!!!!, that sums up the day for me) :( =((
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Just stop crying guysssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!! Everyone knows that all best players of the team including our captain and Raja Rawat are training in India.

More than half the team training in USA will not even make to final squad its just they are lucky to get scholarships in 2010 when they were best players in India.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Just stop crying guysssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!! Everyone knows that all best players of the team including our captain and Raja Rawat are training in India.

More than half the team training in USA will not even make to final squad its just they are lucky to get scholarships in 2010 when they were best players in India.

Good point. Not including guys like Uttam Rai and all these guys are not our best and I am sure our u16 championship squad will be better.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Good point. Not including guys like Uttam Rai and all these guys are not our best and I am sure our u16 championship squad will be better.

Uttam Rai,Supratim,Sajid,Myron and Harmjyot are the only starting XI players from this USA squad.Alen,German,Jimmy,Agiyapal and Nitin are bench players and rest will not even make it.

• ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Uttam Rai,Supratim,Sajid,Myron and Harmjyot are the only starting XI players from this USA squad.Alen,German,Jimmy,Agiyapal and Nitin are bench players and rest will not even make it.

Still makes you wonder why they did not just simply allowed the other u16 players to train in India. I know there is the scholarship players but why not the others as well.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    How do we actually know that the u16 national team is totally based on merit???? I would also presume, because the India u16 camp coach is same as the national coach he would be biased towards the camp players... and tactics wise also the IMG and Indian u16 might differ...
    rudra wrote:
    How do we actually know that the u16 national team is totally based on merit???? I would also presume, because the India u16 camp coach is same as the national coach he would be biased towards the camp players... and tactics wise also the IMG and Indian u16 might differ...

In America its only the kids along with 1 Indian coach Bitan Singh.In Academy they train under American coaches and during tournament I believe Bitan Singh takes charge.

In India its Colin Toal who selects U-16/U-19 probables and final squad.He's also the coach for the tournament finals.