Dallas Cup 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    How do we actually know that the u16 national team is totally based on merit???? I would also presume, because the India u16 camp coach is same as the national coach he would be biased towards the camp players... and tactics wise also the IMG and Indian u16 might differ...

In America its only the kids along with 1 Indian coach Bitan Singh.In Academy they train under American coaches and during tournament I believe Bitan Singh takes charge.

In India its Colin Toal who selects U-16/U-19 probables and final squad.He's also the coach for the tournament finals.

No atleast last yr Bitan Singh didn't took charge

Colin Toal was not u16's coach isn't it? He chooses players but the coach is another guy, whats the name?
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited April 2012
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    How do we actually know that the u16 national team is totally based on merit???? I would also presume, because the India u16 camp coach is same as the national coach he would be biased towards the camp players... and tactics wise also the IMG and Indian u16 might differ...

In America its only the kids along with 1 Indian coach Bitan Singh.In Academy they train under American coaches and during tournament I believe Bitan Singh takes charge.

In India its Colin Toal who selects U-16/U-19 probables and final squad.He's also the coach for the tournament finals.

No atleast last yr Bitan Singh didn't took charge

Colin Toal was not u16's coach isn't it? He chooses players but the coach is another guy, whats the name?

Bitan Singh is Assistant coach he accompanies the IMG trainees in USA.

Thomas Joseph that is,but his job is only till the qualifiers If I'm not wrong Toal will head the team in finals.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Bitan Singh is the assistant I agree, but the team is managed by IMG coaches even in tournaments...
    Bitan Singh is more like a mentor there coz u need a Indian with the team, he mainly remains active in facebook :P

Anyways I was refereing the Thomas Joseph, although his team qualified they had lost to Pakistan twice I believe, and that was the Indian trained u16...
    anyways...its just 1 game and a 0-1 loss...lets check the remaining two and pass judgements...

In general I would like to comment that some players who won IMG awards like Muana, Siddharth were probably (?) not in the India u16 team, are the recipients of IMG awards so useless? I think the main problem is that u16 team as a tactical plan, and they need players based on that....
    Last yr atleast the IMG team played 4-3-3, with a lone striker and two attacking wingers, its very likely that the Indian strategy is different...i would like to see the IMG team play asian opponents and then what happens, but thats unlikely to happen...

Anyways AIFF needs to sort out these things...mainly the issues regarding strategies etc..
    rudra wrote:
    Bitan Singh is the assistant I agree, but the team is managed by IMG coaches even in tournaments...
    Bitan Singh is more like a mentor there coz u need a Indian with the team, he mainly remains active in facebook :P

Anyways I was refereing the Thomas Joseph, although his team qualified they had lost to Pakistan twice I believe, and that was the Indian trained u16...
    anyways...its just 1 game and a 0-1 loss...lets check the remaining two and pass judgements...

In general I would like to comment that some players who won IMG awards like Muana, Siddharth were probably (?) not in the India u16 team, are the recipients of IMG awards so useless? I think the main problem is that u16 team as a tactical plan, and they need players based on that....
    Last yr atleast the IMG team played 4-3-3, with a lone striker and two attacking wingers, its very likely that the Indian strategy is different...i would like to see the IMG team play asian opponents and then what happens, but thats unlikely to happen...

Anyways AIFF needs to sort out these things...mainly the issues regarding strategies etc..

Flip few pages you'll find me asking the same question and arsenalkid even accused me of getting loco X( :- http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/738/dallas-cup-2012/p3
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I have seen those...the point u made there was that some of Indian trained u16 boys are better that the IMG trained one's...I am saying that maybe true but we cant say for sure coz -

1) The coach might be choosing Indian trained one's ahead of IMG one's coz they spent more time with them and know them better. So, may not be totally attributed for footballing skills (and we know its true for seniors, be it Bob, Colaco or Savio they all do that)
    2) Player bias might be there, which is same as the 1st point (this is something which happens in Arrows too, as the coaches are with them for many junior yrs)
    3) 3rdly IMG XI might be (who knows) better as a team together playing the same strategy they play in USA, but thats not happning..... So, at the moment I dont think we are in a perfect position to judge...maybe players like Raja Rawat are exceptional but it might be an exception... I won't from these results say the IMG boys are inferior or badly selected....unless we see both the teams perform with our own eyes, something which is not possible
    rudra wrote:
    I have seen those...the point u made there was that some of Indian trained u16 boys are better that the IMG trained one's...I am saying that maybe true but we cant say for sure coz -

1) The coach might be choosing Indian trained one's ahead of IMG one's coz they spent more time with them and know them better. So, may not be totally attributed for footballing skills (and we know its true for seniors, be it Bob, Colaco or Savio they all do that)
    2) Player bias might be there, which is same as the 1st point (this is something which happens in Arrows too, as the coaches are with them for many junior yrs)
    3) 3rdly IMG XI might be (who knows) better as a team together playing the same strategy they play in USA, but thats not happning..... So, at the moment I dont think we are in a perfect position to judge...maybe players like Raja Rawat are exceptional but it might be an exception... I won't from these results say the IMG boys are inferior or badly selected....unless we see both the teams perform with our own eyes, something which is not possible

How can the guy be biased against the players whom he had chosen 2 years back for the scholarship ?? If X and Y were good at 12 it doesn't mean they will always be good, India is a big country there are lot of players who get unnoticed and few of them shine at different age.

I would have agreed if he had chosen the players blindly instead of calling them to camp for 2-3 months before the tourney.I haven't watched any matches of India U-16(except Uzbek 9-0 trashing) but going through match reports its quite clear that most of the IMG trainees are just ordinary and players like Daniel Lalhimpuia,Raja Rawat or Lalramzauva etc are far better players.

Toal has no pressure to choose particular players I'm sure he would go with the best available talent.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    if 2 yrs back these were best best lot and after IMG training they became ordinary then no need to sending them there...simple....why u want the good indian players to be given scholarship now?

P.S. 'going by the reports' can be most misleading... given the quality of reports we get here...
    rudra wrote:
    if 2 yrs back these were best best lot and after IMG training they became ordinary then no need to sending them there...simple....why u want the good indian players to be given scholarship now?

P.S. 'going by the reports' can be most misleading... given the quality of reports we get here...

I'm not bothered about the training in Academy,we are anyway going to have some Academies from next season all I wanted to say is why not train all the players together so that we can perform well in U-16 finals and hopefully reach U-17 WC.

I'm not saying that players performance dropped what I 'm saying is there are better players who came-up in India and few of them haven't progressed and that's quite natural as you don't see Messi after Messi coming out of Barcelona Academy.
    ;;)
  • I agree with @ashindia I remember at Arsenal there was a player named Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. He was supposed to be the best player ever and (believe it or not) Emmanuel Frimpong was expected to flop. In the end it was the opposite. Thomas was sent to the championship and is not lighting it up and Frimpong is a star at Arsenal.

I have seen it here in America.

Freddy Adu played his first MLS game when he was 14 and was a star in MLS. He is now 22 and can barely make the starting lineup in MLS.

Players change in skill and others develop. That is what it is like at the age of 12-19.