IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• FIFA has no problems with IPL-style tournament if it doesn’t undermine the I-League

The I-League Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA) will be a relieved lot given that Jerome Valcke, the FIFA general secretary, mentioned that the I-League has to be the main national competition for the clubs.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

5months later nothing is still clear on d direction for Indian football by IMG..

• kali007kali007 0 Points

IMG are in it from themselves, its about profit not about improving Indian football. If they do something in which they make money and improve the situation in India i have no problem. but just by the fact any advertising money, broadcasting revenues and league sponsorship money goes to them should tell you what they are all about.

• > kali007 said:
    > IMG are in it from themselves, its about profit not about improving Indian football. If they do something in which they make money and improve the situation in India i have no problem. but just by the fact any advertising money, broadcasting revenues and league sponsorship money goes to them should tell you what they are all about.

Welcome to modern football. :)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> kali007 said:
    > IMG are in it from themselves, its about profit not about improving Indian football. If they do something in which they make money and improve the situation in India i have no problem. but just by the fact any advertising money, broadcasting revenues and league sponsorship money goes to them should tell you what they are all about.

better infrastructure-> better quality of football -> better interest among fans -> better sponsorship deal -> more money for IMG

so they too know that they need to increase the standard if they are planning to get all the money back
    so dont worry they will do whatever to increase the standard of the game or else they will end up in losing side
  • Agree with @shankar here. IMG know that they need to do something outer wise they lose money as well.

Basically the problem here is not that they are not doing anything because they are but rather because of the way they are doing things. The 2 month IPL-Football tournament. Nothing being changed in I-League etc etc is really the problem.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Until there is a concrete news about the IMG-League, let us use this thread for all discussions regarding the new league. Let the @sam thread be..we wont delete it but modify when there is some substantial information
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <p>@Ashlesh They are right to not add Kolkata. Only East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, and Mohammedan can gain a crowd in Kolkata (As proven with Prayag United and recent India matches).</p><p>As for the rest, this is plain stupid. There are better ways to control Indian football in this country and this is not it by a mile.</p>