Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    edited October 2012

> Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > Wow... just wow. Brandon Fernandes, if he lives up to the hype around him, will make a great team with Uttam, Jeje, Lalrindika, Subrata and many more for years to come. Cant wait. I wonder, Brandon is 19 now (If I recall correctly) and the 2015 AFC Asian Cup is in 2015 obviously, making him 22. 

Would it be right for India to cap him in 2014 (possibly the AFC Challenge Cup) to see if he would be good enough for the Asian Cup?

he is 17 :P 

That is why I added, If I recall correctly. And a check will actually see that he is 18 now (20 September birthday). But still... he will be 20 years old when the AFC Asian Cup begins... ya, best to wait till 2019.

> >
    > >

>
    >

India have good midfielders and strikers for future what about defenders ??
    India have good midfielders and strikers for future what about defenders ?? 

In case you have missed out Sajid Dhot and Myron Mendes and the rest of the defender's performance at AFC U1-6 finals..please be assured we have a good pipeline coming up

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

I watched him only once,that too against Iran U-19 and yes I knew what a player India has got.He's very fast,plays in left wing got some great dribbling skills and ball control something missing in our NT.Even though not physically strong he has got the footballing brains to play in Europe.

• Just going to say this. Dont hype them up. Main example... US international Jaun Agudelo. 12 goals in 16 games for the US U17s and 2 goals in 15 games for the US Seniors (1 against Argentina) and now he is nothing since leaving the Red Bulls. MLS hyped him up to much. He appeared in his first advertisement when he was 17 and only had 2 caps for the Red Bulls. If that is not hype than I dont know what is.

> Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Just going to say this. Dont hype them up. Main example... US international Jaun Agudelo. 12 goals in 16 games for the US U17s and 2 goals in 15 games for the US Seniors (1 against Argentina) and now he is nothing since leaving the Red Bulls. MLS hyped him up to much. He appeared in his first advertisement when he was 17 and only had 2 caps for the Red Bulls. If that is not hype than I dont know what is.
    >
    >

agree we have example in india lepcha former u-19 india captain and current air india player who was taunted as next bhutia but now hardly anyone speak about him 

He was injured very badly man.He was out for 1-2 years thats a lot.

Why always negative why not talk about players like Messi,he scored 14 goals in 18 games in U-20 and now he's GOD

• Ashlesh said:
    > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Just going to say this. Dont hype them up. Main example... US international Jaun Agudelo. 12 goals in 16 games for the US U17s and 2 goals in 15 games for the US Seniors (1 against Argentina) and now he is nothing since leaving the Red Bulls. MLS hyped him up to much. He appeared in his first advertisement when he was 17 and only had 2 caps for the Red Bulls. If that is not hype than I dont know what is.

agree we have example in india lepcha former u-19 india captain and current air india player who was taunted as next bhutia but now hardly anyone speak about him 

http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/COLUMLISTdesc.aspx?SID=AB3F903C-D333-4C17-9CA3-0BB9CB2269A1

• > ashindia said:
    > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Just going to say this. Dont hype them up. Main example... US international Jaun Agudelo. 12 goals in 16 games for the US U17s and 2 goals in 15 games for the US Seniors (1 against Argentina) and now he is nothing since leaving the Red Bulls. MLS hyped him up to much. He appeared in his first advertisement when he was 17 and only had 2 caps for the Red Bulls. If that is not hype than I dont know what is.

> >
    > >

>
    >

Why always negative why not talk about players like Messi,he scored 14 goals in 18 games in U-20 and now he's GOD

Because not everyone will end up like Messi. Most youth players (mainly at the under-16 level) digress and become less important as they grow up because there ability ends there or more, better late bloomers start to be seen.

I am not saying that they have no future. Far from it but dont hype them up so much, its not good.

Lepcha still has time,he must be 22 not more than that.The fact he made back to I-League after missing out on 18 months of football itself is a big thing and you guys are aware of FUCKING MEDICAL FACILITIES IN INDIA  !!

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > Just going to say this. Dont hype them up. Main example... US international Jaun Agudelo. 12 goals in 16 games for the US U17s and 2 goals in 15 games for the US Seniors (1 against Argentina) and now he is nothing since leaving the Red Bulls. MLS hyped him up to much. He appeared in his first advertisement when he was 17 and only had 2 caps for the Red Bulls. If that is not hype than I dont know what is.

> > >
    > > >

> >
    > >

>
    >

Because not everyone will end up like Messi. Most youth players (mainly at the under-16 level) digress and become less important as they grow up because there ability ends there or more, better late bloomers start to be seen.

I am not saying that they have no future. Far from it but dont hype them up so much, its not good.

He's not U-17 he's U-19 now.That Juan guy has lost out at age of 19 itself and Brandon is not he's still the best and prof is Youth Coach Toal.

• Okay, I think we lost the point here. I am not comparing Juan Agudelo and Brandon Fernandes. I am saying that if we want to avoid things like what happened to Agudelo then we should go back on Fernandes and see where he is. There is a poster on the Indian Football Live Facebook who says that Fernandes should already start for the senior team. What is his comparison... Raheam Sterling. Now how many players do you find that are like Sterling... HOW MANY. 1 and that is Sterling. Liverpool and England got lucky but how long do you think this hype will last, the English media are already having a field day with Sterling and its a matter of time before he regresses a little.

And do you want U19 examples... Henrique Almeida Caixeta Nascentes, Ismail Matar, Daisuke Sakata, Fernando Cavenaghi, Mahamadou Dissa, and Freddy Adu. Where did they all end up. How did there careers go. Daisuke was supposed to be a Japanese legend yet ended with 1 cap to his name for the seniors. 

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >
    Okay, I think we lost the point here. I am not comparing Juan Agudelo and Brandon Fernandes. I am saying that if we want to avoid things like what happened to Agudelo then we should go back on Fernandes and see where he is. There is a poster on the Indian Football Live Facebook who says that Fernandes should already start for the senior team. What is his comparison... Raheam Sterling. Now how many players do you find that are like Sterling... HOW MANY. 1 and that is Sterling. Liverpool and England got lucky but how long do you think this hype will last, the English media are already having a field day with Sterling and its a matter of time before he regresses a little.

And do you want U19 examples... Henrique Almeida Caixeta Nascentes, Ismail Matar, Daisuke Sakata, Fernando Cavenaghi, Mahamadou Dissa, and Freddy Adu. Where did they all end up. How did there careers go. Daisuke was supposed to be a Japanese legend yet ended with 1 cap to his name for the seniors. 

Yeah I agree about the Facebook thingy.But I never said he should start for NT now.I said he'll be useful in future.