Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• > ashindia said:
    >
    > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >
    Okay, I think we lost the point here. I am not comparing Juan Agudelo and Brandon Fernandes. I am saying that if we want to avoid things like what happened to Agudelo then we should go back on Fernandes and see where he is. There is a poster on the Indian Football Live Facebook who says that Fernandes should already start for the senior team. What is his comparison... Raheam Sterling. Now how many players do you find that are like Sterling... HOW MANY. 1 and that is Sterling. Liverpool and England got lucky but how long do you think this hype will last, the English media are already having a field day with Sterling and its a matter of time before he regresses a little.

And do you want U19 examples... Henrique Almeida Caixeta Nascentes, Ismail Matar, Daisuke Sakata, Fernando Cavenaghi, Mahamadou Dissa, and Freddy Adu. Where did they all end up. How did there careers go. Daisuke was supposed to be a Japanese legend yet ended with 1 cap to his name for the seniors. 

>
    >

Yeah I agree about the Facebook thingy.But I never said he should start for NT now.I said he'll be useful in future.

And I agreed. I never said he would never make the team. I am just saying that lets not just overhype these players. I know we also have access to there facebook's and we can speak to them but lets not put to much on them because in the end, not all the youth will make it. Brandon I am 95% sure he will make it but lets not push him yet. Also I feel he should stay in South Africa till he is 19 before moving on. Stay away from I-League.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

We are not really hyping up Brandon but instead following his exploits in South Africa..The best thing about Brandon is that the way he is coming up is exactly the way we can have Indian football make progress because we want young players to go abroad to good academies at a young age so that their game is at a diffrnt level and then they get opportunities abroad..Brandon's carrier is shaping up in that way and he's part of the Junior team setups so he obviously is our best hope at the moment and even Colm Toal acknowledges this!

• > Ronny said:
    > We are not really hyping up Brandon but instead following his exploits in South Africa..The best thing about Brandon is that the way he is coming up is exactly the way we can have Indian football make progress because we want young players to go abroad to good academies at a young age so that their game is at a diffrnt level and then they get opportunities abroad..Brandon's carrier is shaping up in that way and he's part of the Junior team setups so he obviously is our best hope at the moment and even Colm Toal acknowledges this!

I know and that is fine but to already rate him ready for the seniors is a bit ridicules 
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

Yeah he's nowhere ready for the seniors..needs to play for the u-22's first and must make sure he gets a club abroad and dosnt play in the I league..Then maybe the Indian national team :)

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

Guys ..branding.has good mentors at d academy...i m.sure.they will guide him well.success for him in SA or europe will automatically bring.him.to.notice in India..

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited October 2012

ASD Cape Town can today confirm that Indian Midfielder Brandon Fernandes leaves Cape Town tomorrow for a 2 week trial with an English Premier League Club. For those who know which club, Please DO NOT post details as these could compromise Brandon. ASD will make an official announcement on Tuesday morning when Brandon has landed at London's Heathrow. A press release will follow above..--source ASD Capetown

• > kshitij USFC said:
    > ASD Cape Town can today confirm that Indian Midfielder Brandon Fernandes leaves Cape Town tomorrow for a 2 week trial with an English Premier League Club. For those who know which club, Please DO NOT post details as these could compromise Brandon. ASD will make an official announcement on Tuesday morning when Brandon has landed at London's Heathrow. A press release will follow above..--source ASD Capetown

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

but she asked not to post this!!! :P

BUT WHY SHE HERSELF POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
  • > rudra said:
    > but she asked not to post this!!! :P

BUT WHY SHE HERSELF POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

she meant that if other than herself if somebody else knows the the name of that club he sud not disclose it here.(in that group)

• Fernandes Headed for Trial with English
    Premiership Club ASD Cape Town are delighted to
    announce that their U19 Indian
    International Midfielder, Brandon
    Fernandes, is headed to the UK on a 2
    week trial at an English Premier League
    club. Although ASD are yet to disclose which
    club Fernandes will trial at, it is no secret
    that several English clubs have been
    following the youngster's progress
    closely, since he impressed at a
    Manchester United Soccer Skills competition 4 years ago. Fernandes, who joined ASD in 2010, is
    expected to leave Cape Town
    International on Monday and land in
    London on Tuesday morning, where he
    will be joined by his UK based
    Management Company, Kemp Thornton. Fernandes has spent the weekend
    preparing for what he describes as a
    chance to "fulfil [his] dreams", and
    yesterday was thrilled to be kitted out
    with travel apparel courtesy of Nike SA.
    He believes he is "well prepared" and admits that with 24 hours to go he is
    "very excited". Fernandes is extremely proud of his
    Indian roots and sees his trial as not only
    an achievement for himself and ASD, but
    so too Indian Soccer. He wants to be an
    Ambassador for India and "raise the flag
    up high". Whilst many young players would be
    daunted by such a high profile trial, and
    the media interest that ensues,
    Fernandes is taking it in his stride. He
    says: "My hopes are very high because I
    believe in myself and will push myself. All I can do is my best, and hope that I
    get a good result out of it". Fernandes already took a huge leap of
    faith at the age of 16 when he left his
    family in Goa, and travelled 5,000 miles
    to Cape Town to join ASD. He credits this
    move with being the first step of "seeing
    [his] dreams come true", and believes the level of development he has received at
    ASD, under the guidance of Technical
    Director Douglas Williams, is second to
    none. Fernandes has further benefitted
    from the pastoral involvement of ASD's
    partner charity 'Hope Academy', who have guided Fernandes in the necessary
    skills required to make a successful
    transition into the professional game. Commenting on Fernandes trial, ASD
    Director Mike Steptoe said: "I have no
    doubts whatsoever that Brandon is
    ready to impact the European game. At
    ASD we focus on the development of
    raw talent, and have Brandon and another Indian player in our squad. I am