I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    "Footballing scene was not great", it wasn't, and this statement was not a joke. That is the problem with ISL fans. They judge everything by count of eyeballs. When Indian football was at its peak -- let's say the late sixties -- was there a national league? was there a Fed Cup? did the NT play friendlies? was there a system? The whole thing was amateurish, right from 70-minute matches to season in the summer to invitational tournaments like Durand and Rovers Cups to Santosh Trophy to Nehru cup and so on. We lost the game during this phase, and the Arabs surged, like the East Asians two decades later. And the Arabs beat us not by money only, but by organisation. 

A club like Mohun Bagan of course had a role there, but minuscule. The AIFF failed us. And it is failing us once again by relinquishing the powers to a corporate (as opposed to taking them along like elsewhere), who understands only 'eyeballs', that is money.
    souravindiagoalkeeparRav92indian_goonerthebeautifulgame
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    edited December 2017
    No @atuljg, this is what I want to make clear. The blame should be on the Fed officials. See, unless you as Fed do not pressurize the clubs to be professional, the clubs wont take up the job by themselves. They will remain in their comfort zones. And club supporters cannot do anything. Revolt against whom?

We are hearing a lot about club licensing criteria which AIFF is enforcing. Good thing, but should have been started at least three decades back. If done at that time, then we would have been at least at the level of SEA clubs. The real culprits were (and are) Priya Ranjan Das Munshi, Praful Patel, not so much Tutu Bose and Peter Vaz.

If I may draw an analogy from contemporary India, it is like blaming the the industrialists for poverty of the nation. They are here to take advantage of the rules; and they will not do fair practice, except for a Tata or a Murthy. But the Govt should keep them disciplined by things like demonetisation, ADHAAR linking, GST and the like. The earlier Govts did not do this, we suffered. Now let us see. AIFF is sorely left wanting here.
    atuljg
  • LOL about club licensing criterion. A pure joke. If AIFF was serious they would have asked ISL franchises to also follow the same at the time of inception itself or atleast had a clause which would make them follow the same. The dickheads had or has no clue whatsoever about how football should be run
    goalkeeparDeb_BanRav92ashindia
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    I don't need to go through the history anymore...
    I know enough and my opinion remains firm...
    This blame game cannot divert us from the fact that the Kolkata clubs failed to build upon the football culture Bengal had.
    Most clubs all around the World with history so rich as Thiers are doing so  well now,whereas the clubs here are having medieval infrastructure.
    If the federation is to blamed for our dwindling quality in football, the Kolkata clubs are also at fault.

(Talking about respect, I have always had the respect for the clubs...but Indian football for me comes the foremost.)
    atuljgdeepakcgoalkeepar
  • shubham_northeastern, agreed MB and EB should have broken away from AIFF and formed a league of their own. I am sure many more clubs would have joined then cause AIFF has always been inept and will be inept forever. Long Live Indian football
    goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050ashindia
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    @shubham_northeastern bro your logic quite laughable. By your logic its seems like it is MB & EB's responsibility to carry forward Indian football. Its a collective effort which is need for the betterment of the Indian Football. Yah I know these two club not improved themselves as much as needed with the passage of time but what about others. Being in a system which is inoperative since its inception how do you expect one come out as a victorious. In any game system matters not individual.

NFL was the first try to bring professionalism in Indian football but that failed immensely the next try was I league which is failed too. Now ISL, future will decide which will happen with it. My point is If your Own federation is inept to run a national league and which is only source of revenue for the clubs, how do you expect that much from MB & EB.

Actually Our problem is without knowing or researching anything we behave like that we know everything. Before commenting on something be sure you have profound knowledge on that.    
    goalkeeparDeb_Banashindiadeepakc
  • MikiMiki Kerala252 Points
    As from my personal experience , now all of my friends and people around me know about Indian football , ISL and they know the names of lot of Indian football players . It will inspire youth to take football seriously.. A huge difference in football scenario in India because of ISL
    atuljgEastBengalPride
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    @Rav92 ;bro clubs are the pioneers to success of a country's football... As I said earlier federation is obviously at fault...but  if big clubs too fail to contribute to national quality... well...you decide!
    atuljg
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1092 Points
    Just read about the inception of Premier League...clubs took initiatives...!!
    atuljgshubham_northeastern
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Can we please not paint the clubs as angels who have been beaten by "the man". They are just as much deserving of the blame as the AIFF.
    shubham_northeasternEastBengalPrideatuljggopiajeeshCarbon_14kartik91