SAFF CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 General Discussions

Comments

• namewtheld wrote: »
    Okay, watched it on the Youtube. It looks like the penalty was well served. The guy had raised his foot dangerously. There was no need. A smilar stunt by Subrata fetched him red card against Qatar I guess

<br><br>that was India vs UAE at Al Ain for WCQ. in that game Subrata got red card and penalty and another red card and penalty for foul by Debbrata Roy. India lost 0-3.<br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    @AAyo Gorkhali: You were saying this match wud turn into a Srilanka-Maldives game..hhahahaha<br>

He won't come back here lol.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited September 2013
    A Stat - Maldives 'Messi + C.Ronaldo in one body' Ali Ashfaq haven't scored a goal in this SAFF Championship when opponent team had 11 players on the pitch.
  • He got two yellow card for diving.<br> =))
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    another stat..best player of SAFF hasnt ever scored against best team of SAFF-INDIA<div>He even missed a penalty against India u-23 :P</div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    another stat..best player of SAFF hasnt ever scored against best team of SAFF-INDIA<div>He even missed a penalty against India u-23 :P</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well it is tough for Sunil Chhetri to score against India when he plays for them.</div>
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    <div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Nepal 2 - 1 India</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Nepal burst through and tear India a new one by giving them something to think about. India grab a consolation goal which would take them through just merely.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now... the goals? Sublime. The first goal by Nepal was ... weird. It bounced off a header to the crossbar and onto the path of a Nepal player who easily tapped it in. Subrata failed to punch it out (it happens).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The second goal by Nepal? Pure footwork. The pass and the goal. Very euro-centric. Subrata reacted too late because that goal was just too sweet to top. Top finish. Top pass.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The Indian goal? That was absolutely amazing. Now, I'm not baised or anything but that teamwork with the passing and whatnot? Let's see more of that. And then the faking and the passing and the fantastic volley by Nabi. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It's a shame the highlights don't show the full teamwork and just the final pass but there was glorious footwork to behold. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I'm pleased with the result. I wouldn't say Nepal dominated but it was an even affair.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Subrata Pal came through once again making at least three vital saves. I'm happy about that. People keep saying he's never good at club level either, but to be honest, this is why I rate him so highly. One of his last games for Prayag United, he played well and created many saves which earned him the MoTM and people still called "meh, decent game."</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">India is lucky to have Spiderman.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I must also comment on Chhetri. Seeing him get the yellow really killed me. That is the passion of a true player who wants to play for his people. A true, dominate striker.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Hoping well for the Maldives game......</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Onto the next match India v Maldives... hopefully I can watch the final with you guys.</font></div>
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited September 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">India 1 - 0 Maldives</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What a game by India! Definitely my favorite of the game thus far! Very exciting.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The goal? India attacked and tested the goalkeeper but so did Maldives and honestly, it could have gone either way. The goal by India? It was mostly luck placement and a bit of skill. Sure, India scored but it was mostly because it landed right at the feet of India and bam... score. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">There was some India brilliance of teamwork but none failed to produce a goal. But hey, I'm not complaining. Penalties are stupid and well... I am glad India won.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now.. some things. Arata Izumi needs to be careful. He's going off the charts and might seriously end someone's career. And that one tackle where another Indian player takes out the leg of a Maldivian (or was it the other way around?) and plays it off as "uh yeah, not a card." BS. Own up to it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Secondly, Subrata Pal. What more can I say about spiderman. Pulling off, once again, many vital saves. Vital... SUPER saves, might I add? The only thing he needs to work on is aerial duels. His punching can sometimes be his crutch as it lands near him for the away poach goal. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also... Subrata Pal needs to be careful one-on-ones. Ashfaq tried to charge the ball and Subrata sweeped the ball and he... dove. Expected but what if he was really a foul? Then again, Subrata's leg (on the replay) was near the ball so he could have hit it. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But once again, Subrata Pal had a superb game making great saves and called upon when needed.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I saw a lot of team play in India but I need to address that much of the teamplay comes from counter-attacks. Maybe it's because they catch their teams of guard and it helps?</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also I'm watching the SAFF Championship via YouTube and whoever is doing it... well they are failing. I've had several problems. First group game of India's match, during the 32nd minute, it skips entirely to the 42nd.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Then for some brief moment, in the same match, it shows some (I assume) Indian commercial for 3 seconds. Now, it appears the scorecard to say FINAL: INDIA 0 - 1 MALDIVES. C'mon, you people can do better.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But that's at... onto the final. Commentator says India "sail though." but I dout it. India had to fight for it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And at the end... disgraceful. The Maldive players crowding the ref and one getting red carded? Ah well...</font></div></div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Weka, you really do have a nack for this mate. :) Keep it up.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I thought i was good in giving analysis?
    :-B . Weka nice one mate